A Mirage that wields a lantern in one hand and a knife in the other. He's still wondering why his duo isn't called a trio. A unique soul that belongs to the master of the Coliseum from the main story.Mirage Manual entry
- Notes: Coliseum manager / Gentleman / Calm and collected / Everybody's grudge...or is it just karma?
- A Series Regular
- Ah, the tonberry. Ever since their first FINAL FANTASY appearance, these disturbing yet lovable creatures have appeared in nearly every installment.
- In the English-speaking world, they went through a bit of an identity crisis at first. For some reason tonberries were initially called "pugs," despite looking nothing like dogs. Then again, they don't look like berries either...
- The Coliseum
- The fog surrounding the Coliseum connects it to other worlds: specifically, a set of divergent possible histories that have manifested as parallel worlds. Those other worlds have other Coliseums run by other tonberries, who all work together to arrange contests of sport across what we'll just call the interspace for now.
- Parallel Worlds
- The Coliseum's true name is "Battle Arena Alexander." That's right—the Coliseum is actually a massive esper like Big Bridge.
- If we can get metaphysical for a moment, Enna Kros (aka the god Alexander) has created each of her worlds, including Grymoire, as an "array" of possibilities. The world's history diverges at random (but dimensionally feasible) points to create multiple possible outcomes, and each of these potential courses exists as its own parallel world within the array. While Enna Kros only maintains enough instances of each world as needed for an outside group of intermediaries or "players," the array still acts as ample insurance to prevent the world from being doomed by a single catastrophic turn of events.
- Battle Arena Alexander, who was summoned to Grymoire by Enna Kros, is able to generate a special mist that allows it to connect to other parallel worlds in the array (in a limited capacity that poses no threat to the other worlds' stability).
- However, like all espers that have manifested as structures, the Coliseum does very little in the way of thinking, and so it requires a manager to ensure fights are run properly. Ever since winning the first WOFF Battle Championship, the Master Tonberry and his descendants have assumed this responsibility. The current Coliseum manager is the 42nd Master Tonberry in his line.
- That Voice!
- Surprised that the tonberry has such a, uh, manly voice? He sounds like he could cause unicorns to faint; like he could put out fires just by whispering to them; like the low rumble of every sentence must cause hordes of Grymoirians to throw gil at him and beg for just a few more words.
- Seriously, this guy should do commercials.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY V: As the tonberry monster
Master Tonberry can be fought and imprismed at the Coliseum in the battle "Master of Ceremonies".
Mirage Board spacesEdit
|Active Ability||SP Required|
|Passive Ability||SP Required|
|Blank Space||SP Required|
|Mirage Board Mastery||55|
- North Promenade
Going to the Coliseum?Intro
As you wish.Declining
Tell me what you desire.Intro
So. How can I help you?Intro
Yes? What is it?Intro
Let's begin.Starting match
It is important to know your limits.Defeat
What a shame.Defeat
Well, that's that.Defeat
Come back soon.Leaving