Malboro Sprout is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought during the main quest The Hand of the King and the hunt No Stopping the Great Stink, although they are only minions of the grown malboro in both cases.
- Newborn plant-like monster sighted around Fodina Caestino. The malboro's incubation period is considerably long, allowing the young sprout to develop while inside the egg. Thus, by the time the sprout hatches, it already bears a striking resemblance to its adult counterparts.
- Size: 4.65 ft. Weight: 563.0 lb.
- Infant faux flora native to the Duscae region. The numerous sprouts form a mob around their mother malboro, assaulting prey as a group—behavior resembling that of their Niflheim brethren.
- Size: 4.69 ft. Weight: 565.7 lb.
- Young malboro that appeared in great number outside of Cape Caem in southern Cleigne. Despite superficial similarities to the imperial species, biologists have yet to produce any evidence supporting this tenuous connection.
- Size: 4.62 ft. Weight: 553.8 lb.
|No Stopping the Great Stink||Lestallum – Surgate's Beanmine (Chapter 15)||1||Malboro x1||Kelbass Grasslands (All Times)||38||6,780 gil, Golden Hourglass||★★★|
Malboro sprouts are miniature malboros that appear alongside their elder kin as the boss of Fodina Caestino and during a hunt. Both of these battles take place on water terrain. The sprouts are weak to greatswords, machinery, fire and ice, and resist lightning and light. They are slow, but may all target the same party member and crowd them out. They chomp at those close to them with their mouths.
The player should focus on the big malboro as the sprouts are more of a nuisance and distraction. When they spawn on water, the player can throw ice elemancy at them and freeze them in place (the player must take care not to be touching the water themselves when doing it, however, or they will also be frozen in place). If fighting them with just melee attacks, the player should keep moving if the sprouts start to crowd around the player. Magic and techniques that hit large areas can be used to hit all targets at once.