The Make It Rain Campaign is an annual event on Final Fantasy XIV. Unlike other seasonal events, this one is not based on any real-world festivity, being themed after the Manderville Gold Saucer. To participate in it, players need to unlock access to the amusement park.
During this campaign, MGP awarded from attractions including GATEs, minigames, and Cactpot are increased by 50%, while some of the regular Gold Saucer rewards have discounted MGP prices. The event also has its seasonal quests in which players can obtain different unique rewards.
A relevant character through the event's editions is Godbert Manderville, the owner of the Gold Saucer.
Editions and rewards
Golden Opportunity or Perilous Plot? A Curious New Attraction at the Gold Saucer!
Ollier, an attendant of the Gold Saucer, is seeking volunteers to sample a number of attractions before they're released to the public. Those seeking respite from arduous adventures in the wilds of Eorzea are encouraged to seek him out.
- Time: 27 May, 2016 - 10 June, 2016
- Emote: Eureka
- Furnishing: Senor Sabotender Trophy
- Items: Golden Sparkler, Gold Saucer Ticket
- Achievement: "Gold Digger"
- Official 2016 website
All That Glitters Isn't Gold--It's MGP!
A lowly merchant in Ul'dah is down on his luck, and looking for a kind soul to console him.
- Time: 30 May, 2017 - 13 June, 2017
- Character: Modern Aesthetics - Rainmaker
- Furnishing: Stuffed Sabotender
- Triple Triad: Gold Saucer Attendant Card, Roland Card, Gigi Card
- Achievement: "All Saucer Everything"
- Official 2017 website
Frightening Phantoms or Friendly Fairgoers?
A patron recently come from the Gold Saucer claims it to be haunted. What brave soul will help Godbert Manderville rid his gilded halls of this phantom menace?
- Time: 7 June, 2018 - 25 June, 2018
- Furnishing: Crystal Tower Striker, Monster Toss Machine, Cuff-a-Cur Machine
- Achievement: "MeetMog"
- Title: Matchmaker (M/F)
- Official 2018 website
The origins of Senor Sabotender, revealed at last!
A lamenting Lalafell is praying that someone will lend a helping hand, his sighs audible even from the Ruby Road Exchange.
- Time: 6 June, 2019 - 24 June, 2019
- Emote: Senor Sabotender
- Item: MGP Gold Card
- Achievement: "On the Inside"
- Official 2019 website
Be the Guide to a Golden Wonderland!
Nanaphon is glancing about with a hint of frantic desperation.
- Time: 21 October, 2020 - 20 November, 2020
- Emote: Consider
- Item: MGP Bronze Card
- Achievement: "Service with a Smile"
- Official 2020 website
Heists and High Jinks Are Afoot at the Saucer!
Ollier is in need of a helping hand.
- Time: 19 July, 2021 - 11 August, 2021
- Minion: Senorita Sabotender (Not listed in the website)
- Emote: Vexed
- Item: MGP Bronze Card
- Achievement: "Objection!"
- Official 2021 website
Behind the scenes
Make It Rain Campaign is the only seasonal event in which the Gold Saucer is also decorated along with the city-states and the residential areas. It is also one of the two seasonal events to be introduced after A Realm Reborn's relaunch, the other being The Rising. All other annual events were already in the game since 1.0.
During the event, it is common to see known Final Fantasy XIV characters in the Gold Saucer.
In 2020, the event was moved from its usual season to October/November.