I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
The Major Routes are the three remaining derelict highways in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII that connect the four main locations of Nova Chrysalia. Chaos infusions and the large monsters native to each end of the Major Route frequently appear along these roads. They are thus good areas for harvesting soul seeds.
Long abandoned in favor of the monorail system, the Major Routes are initially closed off. On Day 9 the gates can be re-opened by completing three Global quests on the Canvas of Prayers.[note 1] Opening the gates will reward some Final Fantasy XIV-themed equipment, and unlock bonus items for sale from various merchants in Luxerion, the Wildlands, and Yusnaan. Opening every gate rewards the Globetrotter achievement/trophy.
List of Major Route Connections
The Luxerion Major Route entrance is located in the northwest of the city, while the Wildlands—Luxerion Major Route entrance is located southeast of the plains. Unlike the other two roads, this one must be manually unlocked at both ends.
The Wildlands—Dead Dunes Major Route entrance is located in the southwest area of the plains, while the Dead Dunes—Wildlands Major Route entrance is north of the desert.
The Dead Dunes—Yusnaan Major Route entrance is located in the southeast, while the Yusnaan—Dead Dunes Major Route entrance is located on the western side of the city.
- Zomok (Luxerion end)
- Dreadnought (Luxerion end)
- Aster Protoflorian (Wildlands end)
- Chocobo Eater (Wildlands end)
- Cyclops (Yusnaan end)
- Zaltys (Yusnaan end)
- Earth Eater (Dead Dunes end)
- Gurangatch (Dead Dunes end)
- Reaver (All routes)
- The Canvas of Prayers requests that unseal the world's highways are handed out by non-playable characters named Ford, Dent, and Zaphod. Ford Prefect, Arthur Dent, and Zaphod Beeblebrox are the three most major characters in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy franchise.