Some players struggle to find the Lv. 18 version to fill out their bestiary. By Chapter 2 imperials will be dropping from aircraft. After defeating enough of them, the Lv. 18 magitek swordsmen start to drop and there is a chance of the Lv. 18 bannerman dropping. The player can find the enemy by using chapter select, going to Chapter 2, fighting until Lv. 18 magitek swordsmen spawn, and save and reload until the bannerman appears.
- Level 6
- Once an ordinary magitek trooper, this unit received a variety of remodels, now rebuilt to bear the banner of the imperial army. In particular, its coding underwent enormous changes; unlike other infantry models, this unit is programmed to avoid combat unless absolutely necessary.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 374.1 lb.
- Level 18
- A bannerman boasting boosted power and additional skills. Despite engineers upgrading this unit's combat capabilities, its main function remains the same: bearing the flag of the empire in battle.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 375.4 lb.
- Level 44
- The newest model of bannerman, mainly deployed from assault crafts. Scientists integrated more advanced administrative functions into this unit's AI, but said efforts were largely wasted as the empire collapsed before mass production of this model could begin in earnest.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 384.4 lb.
Lvl 6 Enemy
Lvl 18 Enemy
Lvl 44 Enemy
The bannerman stands aside holding the flag and is not the first one to engage. They can grab onto the player for a button-mashing QTE.
Like all imperials, the bannermen are instantly killed by Iris's Technique. Cross chains trigger against them, and they can also be instantly killed with head-shots from Cerberus (when wielded by Noctis; especially easy in Wait Mode).
- The magitek bannerman yields less EXP than what the official guide indicates.
- The banner-holding MTs in Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae had a different flag than what the bannermen hold in the final game. The crest in the demo is associated with Caligo Ulldor, whereas the banner held by bannermen in the final game is associated with Loqi Tummelt.
portmanteau of "magic" and "technology.""Magitek" is a