I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
- Intrepid Treasure Hunter I: Default coloration of his Amano artwork. Locke wears black pants and an open jacket with blue-colored patterns over a white t-shirt. He wears a blue and yellow headband, white boots with blue laces, and a brown belt with a patterned blue sash and a red sheathe for his dagger.
- Intrepid Treasure Hunter II: 1st alternate coloration. Locke's pants are white, and wears black boots with yellow laces, and his belt and sash are beige and red respectively. His headband is white with red around the base.
- Intrepid Treasure Hunter III: 2nd alternate coloration. Locke's pants are dark grey, with black boots and grey laces. His belt is beige, the sash is yellow and the sheathe is black. Locke's bandana is dark grey with white rim.
- 1st Alternate Costume
- Devoted Returner I: Default coloration, based on Locke's SD artwork. Locke wears blue pants and an open short-sleeved shirt, with pale blue sleeves rolled up to the shoulder. He wears a white vest, light-brown gloves and boots, a blue bandana, and a pale-green sash around his waist. Locke's hair is silver.
- Devoted Returner II: 1st alternate coloration. Locke's pants and shirt are black, and the sleeves are beige. He wears white gloves and boots, and a light blue sash and bandana.
- Devoted Returner III: 2nd alternate coloration. He wears a dark blue shirt with white sleeves and dark blue pants, with a blue-purple sash and bandana. He wears dark brown gloves and boots and his hair is light brown/blond.
Locke's weapons are daggers (although he also uses the Rising Sun on his moveset):
- Main Gauche: Default weapon.
- Thief's Knife: 1st alternate weapon.
- Assassin's Dagger: 2nd alternate weapon.
- Valiant Knife: 3rd alternate weapon.
Locke's default player title is Nameless Adventurer. His manikin counterpart, the Transient Pathfinder, is colored red.
Unlike Y'shtola Rhul and Noctis Lucis Caelum, who are confirmed to have never participated in the old conflict, it is unknown if Locke was summoned to World B and then later dismissed from there sometime between the first and the eleventh cycles.
Shortly after Shinryu's defeat, the moogles give Locke a crystal to host his memories for Materia to use in the upcoming infinitely long war. With a crystal doppelgänger of himself to serve on Materia's behalf, Locke returns to his home world.
Locke's fighting style is nearly similar to Zidane Tribal in terms of using daggers, abilities and gameplay. He can also throw a round bladed boomerang to his opponent as part of his bravery attacks.
- Type: Assassin - When Locke attacks foes not targeting him, he deals extra damage and his EX skill Steal becomes Mug.
- EX Skill:
- Steal - Takes an item to use at will. The items are revealed on his list, such as Potions and Ethers which he uses to restore a small amount of HP or Bravery.
- Mug - Takes a piece of equipment that can be used to unleash a powerful attack. Most items stolen are Master Scroll, Soul of Thamasa and Brigand's Glove which he uses to increase his attack damage, dealing magic damage and to buff himself to attack his opponents.
In addition to dealing extra damage, Steal becomes Mug when Locke attacks foes who are not targeting him. Whether or not an enemy is currently targeting him is determined at the instant Locke unleashes his attack.
|Mark the Spot||Bravery||Ground|
|Quickly slice your foe with your daggers.|
|Throw your moonring blade at a foe.|
|Slash & Soar||Bravery||Dash|
|Knock your foe up into the air, then send them hurtling to the ground.|
|Quickly slice your foe with your daggers.|
|Catch & Release||Bravery||Aerial|
|Pull your enemy in with your moonring blade, then kick them away.|
|Charge forward, piercing your adversary multiple times.|
|Pounce on your foe from close range and strike them with incredible speed.|
|Jump up and fall straight down with your blades out, or press ↓ + to dive down, then slash straight up.|
|Enlist the aid of Phoenix to cause an explosion at your opponent's position.|
|Cavort toward foes from midrange with a deft series of slashes and kicks.|
|Steal (Mug)||EX Skill||-|
|Get in close to your foe and take either a potion or an ether from them. When your foe is not targeting you, take a master's scroll, a soul of Thamasa, or a pair of thief gloves.|
|Potion||EX Skill||With a potion|
|Recover a small amount of HP.|
|Ether||EX Skill||With an ether|
|Recover a small amount of bravery.|
|Master's Scroll||EX Skill||With a master's scroll|
|Deftly unleash a series of slashes and kicks.|
|Soul of Thamasa||EX Skill||With a soul of Thamasa|
|Cast fire, ice, and lightning magic in succession.|
|Thief Gloves||EX Skill||With thief gloves|
|Have all your attacks do extra damage for a period of time and increase the rate at which your unique EX skill gauge fills.|
Creation and developmentEdit
Locke was revealed as the second DLC character of the Season Pass on May 15, 2018. He was released on May 17, 2018 in the arcade version, and was released later in June 2018 on consoles.
Locke is voiced by Yūki Ono in the Japanese version, who previously voiced him as the "Amnesiac Man" in Dissidia Final Fantasy: Secretum. In the English version, he is voiced by Jonathan von Mering.
- Locke was considered as the playable candidate of Final Fantasy VI during development of the original Dissidia Final Fantasy, but Nomura stated that the heroes' side lacked any female representatives, and was rejected in favor of Terra Branford, due to her prominence in the main game and her stronger connection to Kefka Palazzo.
- Before his announcement, Locke had previously appeared in the live recitation of Dissidia Final Fantasy: Secretum as the "Amnesiac Man".