This is list of version differences for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
- Japanese release on November 21st, 2013.
- Original version of the game.
- North American release on February 11th, 2014.
- European/PAL region release on February 14th, 2014.
- is used to confirm and to cancel, rather than the opposite.
- Multiple title changes are made for locations, organizations, equipment, items, and abilities; the game world "Novus Partus" is renamed "Nova Chrysalia", and the "Salvation Council" is renamed to "Order of Salvation".
- Multiple title changes are made for terms used in the game: the "Liberator" is renamed "savior", "Radiant Energy" is changed to "Eradia", and "Cie World" changed to "Chaos infusion".
- "Knock out!" is changed to "Stagger".
- "Battle Result" and "Rank" is changed to "Battle Results" and "Rating".
- "Glory Points" is changed to "Energy Points".
- "Style Change System" tutorial is changed to "Schemata".
- "Guard" tutorial is changed to "Guarding".
- "Healing Items" tutorial is changed to "Recovery Items".
- "Switching Targets" tutorial is changed to "Changing Targets".
- "Style Customize" tutorial is changed to "Customizing Schemata".
- "Item Get!" is changed to "Item Acquired!".
- "Excellent!" is changed to "Great!" when striking an enemy.
- Dialogue changes are made in the final location regarding Hope Estheim's role as Bhunivelze's avatar (Bhunivelze talks about molding humanity to his liking, not Hope), as well as changing the words Lightning says during Last Resort (from "Last Resort!" to "I bring you salvation!") and when she saves Hope (from "You survive" to "So go and live").
- The overall implication of the "Lightning and Hope" pairing is reduced, and subtle implication of a "Vanille and Hope" pairing is added in one of their conversations.
- Minor dialogue changes are made during the scenes between Lightning and Snow, including the sequence where Snow absorbs the Chaos infusion ("Just watch! I'm going to swallow every bit of this Chaos! This is the end!" to "This is what I deserve! You know it, and I know it! So come on! Do your worst!") making Snow more grief-stricken and desperate.
- Minor innuendos spoken by Bhunivelze during his battle with Lightning are reduced or removed (e.g. his second form: "As the goddess, you will grant my deepest desire/desires" to "You have proven yourself, but the real battle is merely beginning!").
- Japanese audio is available as DLC.
Microsoft Windows (Steam and Windows 10)
- Worldwide release on December 10, 2015 on Steam and March 3, 2022 on Windows 10.
- Customizable resolution and graphics options are available, including dynamic framerates.
- Some FPS-related issues may occur, such as the on-screen text during the quest "The Avid Reader" scrolling faster.
- An option to choose between English and Japanese voice-overs is available.
- Cloud saving is available via Steam Cloud on Steam and Xbox Cloud on Windows 10.
- Steam Trading Cards are available.
- All DLC is featured, with an exception to the Midgar's Flower Girl schemata.
- The Guardian Corps and Knight of Etro schemata are included by default.
- The Siegfried garb and Outerworld Services are not present.
- The option to change names assigned to schemata, map markers, and the Angel of Valhalla is not present.
- The Windows 10 version now show the current signed-in profile on the top right of the launcher and title screen.