Light Spirit is one of the elemental spirits callable by Summoners in Final Fantasy XI. It can be learned at level 1 from a Light Spirit Pact, which can be obtained from many different Notorious Monsters and battle events, or bought from the Auction House if sold by other players.
ight Spirit pacts tend to be harder to come by than most of the other Spirit Pacts, and they have a unique ability (among the spirit summons) to cast Enhancing Magic and Healing Magic on the Summoner and his/her party members, even while not in battle. The Summoner has no direct control over the Light Spirit's spellcasting, but can influence it through various actions (such as casting Haste on oneself to prevent Light Spirit from casting Haste).
List of spellsEdit
|Spell||Summoner Job Level|
- When not assaulting an enemy, Light Spirit preoccupies itself by curing and enhancing its Summoners (and their party/alliance).
- Light Spirit's standard enhancing magic set to grant a character is: the most powerful Protect available to Light Spirit at its current level, the most powerful Shell available to Light Spirit at its current level, Regen, and Haste. When a character has those effects all in place, Light Spirit will focus on any other party members in need, and will become idle once its work is done.
- Light Spirit casts Haste, even though it is wind magic.
- Light Spirit cannot cast any spells on itself. Consequently, self-target-only magic such as Protectra and Reraise are unavailable to Light Spirit.
- Light Spirit cannot Raise or cure any negative status ailments (other than Sleep, which can be removed with Cure-family spells).
- Light Spirit's Curaga spells will not affect it; only the party members.
- Light Spirit can cast spells on alliance members that can usually only be cast on party members, such as Regen.
- Light Spirit lacks many spells added to White Mage's spell lists in version updates, including Regen II, Regen III, Repose, and all spells available to White Mages level 75 and higher.
- Light Spirit grants Summoners indirect access to Protect IV and Shell IV, which cannot be achieved from the Summoner's sub-job.
- Light Spirit is able to cast Banish IV at level 90, a spell currently unavailable to players any other way.
spirit derives from Latin spiritus, "breath", has many meanings most relating to a non-corporeal substance contrasted with the material body. The word is often used metaphysically to refer to the consciousness or personality. The notions of a person's spirit and soul may overlap, as both are understood as surviving the bodily death in religion and occultism. "Spirit" can also have the sense of "ghost", i.e. a manifestation of a deceased person. The term may also refer to any incorporeal or immaterial being, such as demons or deities. In the Bible "the Spirit" specifically denotes the Holy Spirit.The word