Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Leather Gorget is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that increases magick power when HP is critical (HP is ≤15%), making offensive spells deal double damage, boosting healing by 50%, and giving status spells double chance to inflict the status. The effect is the same as the Spellbreaker augment, and once the character has unlocked Spellbreaker on their License Board, equipping the Leather Gorget is redundant. In the Zodiac versions, the gorget also gives +30 MP. The gorget is metal, which factors for the Magnetize handicap for the Vinuskar battle.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, Leather Gorget can be bought for 1500 gil in Dalmasca Westersand, Dreadnought Leviathan and from Dyce in Ogir-Yensa Sandsea. It is found in a treasure in Nam-Yensa Sandsea's Augur Hill (on the little "island" in the middle of the area Map 25 Nam Yensa Sandsea), and Cerobi Steppe's South Liavell Hills (50% chance to appear, 60% chance to contain gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet) and Feddik River (50% chance to appear, 65% chance to contain gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet) Map 04 Cerobi Steppe. It is also a very rare drop from the Bomb in the Barheim Passage.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, Blazer Gloves are sold for 1,300 gil in Dreadnought Leviathan, Dalmasca Westersand (after Ondore's estate), Dyce in Nam-Yensa Sandsea, Mosphoran Highwaste (after defeating Judge Bergan), and the "secret shop" in Necrohol of Nabudis.

The gorget is found in a treasure in Giza Plains - The Rains' Gizas South Bank (80% chance to appear, 40% chance to be gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet), Ogir-Yensa Sandsea's Platform 2 - Refinery (75% chance to appear, 25% chance to be gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet), Phon Coast's The Reseta Strand (70% chance to appear, 40% chance to be gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet), Tchita Uplands' Sundered Earth (30% chance to appear, 70% chance to be gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet), and Pharos - First Ascent's Wellspring Ravel - 1st Flight (75% chance to appear, 40% chance to be gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Leather Gorget without the Diamond Armlet), as well as the Trial Mode stages 19 and 32 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It still rarely drops from the Bomb in Barheim Passage.

Use[]

The effect the gorget bestows is excellent, as the caster doubles magick power when in critical health, which can then stack with Faith. Though being on critical health puts the wearer in danger of being KO'd, the party can have another character with Lure to draw enemies' enmity, and spellcaster can stay further back and cast their spells from a range. The effect is more useful in the Zodiac versions where damage is not capped to 9,999, whereas in the original, the player may already be hitting maximum damage without the need for boosts under the right gear and circumstances. The effect that boosts magick power when in full health (Magick Gloves/Serenity) is more useful for healers than the critical health boost.

The same effect the Leather Gorget grants is gained from the Spellbreaker license, making the gorget redundant once the player has it. In the original versions, every character can unlock Spellbreaker, but in the Zodiac versions, only the following jobs have it: White Mage, Red Battlemage, Time Battlemage, Black Mage and Bushi. The Leather Gorget can be used to give the effect to the other jobs. However, in The Zodiac Age, the player can pick two License Boards per party member, and so even the other jobs can gain the Spellbreaker license with correct pairings.

Advertisement