I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
Lakeland is a region in Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. It is The First's geographical equivalent of Mor Dhona. Prior to the Flood of Light the area was ruled over by the Elves, and the remnants of its past prosperity can be seen dotting the landscape. Lakeland is now protected by the Crystarium, which sits a short distance from the lake that gives the region its name.
A verdant region centered around the Source, the great lake whence it derives its name. Rich in aether, this land has long been held sacred by the elves, its original inhabitants. Nowadays, it falls under the aegis of the Crystarium, mankind’s final bastion in the war against sin eaters.Official website description
There are Aetherytes located in Fort Jobb and the Ostall Imperative.
- Laxan Loft - An old castle located on an outcrop in the middle of Lakeland.
- Sullen - A series of small islands that extend out into the Source.
- The Chiliad - A range of jagged hills that surround the Crystarium.
- The Exarch Gate - The crossroads outside the Crystarium's main entrance. Access to the rest of Lakeland is guarded by the outposts of Fort Jobb, the Ascensor Gate and the Bridges to the north, west and south respectively.
- The Forest of the Lost Shepherd - The woods of central Lakeland.
- The Source - The First's equivalent of Lake Silvertear, although the Source is far larger. On the far side of the Source lies The Grand Cosmos. Not to be confused with The Source, the original reflection of The Star.
- The Thirstless Shore - The shores surrounding the Source.
- Weathering - The northern reaches of Lakeland. Il Mheg can be accessed from here.
Fort Jobb Edit
The remains of a fortress in eastern Lakeland, once used by an order of knights in Lakeland's glory days. The Crystarium now uses it as an outpost. Beneath the fort lies a hall once used as a place of worship by the Church of the First Light.
The Ostall Imperative Edit
An old fortress located in western Lakeland, now used by the Crystarium as an outpost. Named after the historical figure Ser Ostall, who is said to have led a heroic last stand against a horde of sin eaters while the citizens fled to safety.
Lakeland's climate may exhibit any of the following weather conditions:
- Everlasting Light (at all times prior to completing the 5.0 main scenario)
- Clear Skies
- Fair Skies
Places of interest Edit
A village located somewhere in the woods to the northeast of Lakeland.
The former seat of the Elven kingdom that once ruled Lakeland ("Laxan" is the original name of Lakeland in the Elven language). It was here that the Warriors of Light had their final confrontation with the Shadowkeeper and their Elven dissident allies, and to this day the spirits of Elven knights continue to roam the castle grounds.
A watchtower on the road between the Crystarium and the Ostall Imperative. Named after a soldier who gave his life to delay a swarm of sin eaters.
The Isle of KenEdit
A small island a short distance out into the lake. The "island" is in fact the dormant form of the Fae entity Bismarck, and is named for the man who once lived there and befriended him.
Elite Marks Edit
Creation and development Edit
Musical Themes Edit
"The Source" plays at all times in Lakeland while Everlasting Light is in effect. After the night sky is restored, "The Source" continues to play during daytime, while "Unchanging, Everchanging" plays at night.
"Rencounter" plays during all standard enemy encounters in Lakeland.