An ID tag issued to all citizens of Rubrum at birth.Item description
Knowing Tags are items each citizen of Dominion of Rubrum keeps upon their person that functions as their ID. The common folk maintain possession of their own Knowing Tags, but a special council is charged with keeping track of the Akademeia Agito Cadets' tags. As the Vermilion Bird Crystal removes the memories of the dead from the minds of the living, the Knowing Tag system allows the nation to keep track of the fallen. Even if no one remembers the deceased Akademeia has a cemetery for those lost in battle. The Knowing Tags of deceased cadets are delivered to the Akademeia cemetery.
After Izana Kunagiri is felled in the invasion of Akademeia by Militesi Empire forces, Ace picks up his Knowing Tag. Later the moogle of Class Eighth tasks Class Zero with collecting Knowing Tags off those fallen in battle. Class Zero recovers numerous tags in various dangerous places. After Lady Caetuna summons Alexander to devastate the imperial army with its Divine Light, many deem attempting to recover Knowing Tags from the area futile as Alexander's Divine Light had vaporized everything in its past. Regardless, Naghi Minatsuchi from the dominion intel team tasks Class Zero with retrieving their commanding officer's Knowing Tag from the battlefield.
Collecting Knowing TagsEdit
Giving the Knowing Tags to the Class Eighth moogle (found in the Akademeia lobby) earns rewards. The reward received depends on the number of tags returned at one time. Tags collected at missions respawn when the mission is done again, allowing the player to farm them.
|Number of Tags||Item|
- Fallen legionaries during the first mission, The Akademeia Liberation.
- Fallen legionary in eastern McTighe Midtown area during The Cadets' First Deployment.
- Tridentine Tunnel area of Corsi Cave.
- Second Laboratory area x3, and in the Materiel Depository x1 in The Capture of Togoreth Stronghold mission.
- Iscah Aqueduct UG-145 area during The Infiltration of Iscah mission.
- One or two from legionaries on Rokol Town Square during Expelling the Empire.
- Numerous locations during The Battle of Judecca mission.
- Border Plains and Fortified Area zones during The Clash on Big Bridge mission.
- Fallen legionaries in the caves in during Secret Agents Zero mission.
- Treasure in Trident Junction area of Northern Corridor.
- Numerous areas in Bethnel Caverns.
- Numerous areas in Mount Jubanla.
- Main Gate, Fountain Courtyard, Airship Landing and Entrance areas of Akademeia in the beginning of Chapter 8.
- The Knowing Tags are based on the Dog Tags, the informal term for the identification tags worn by military personnel, because of their resemblance to actual dog tags. The tags are primarily used for the identification of dead and wounded soldiers, and to convey essential basic medical information, such as blood type and history of inoculations, along with religious preference.