Kingatrice is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in the Greyshire Glacial Grotto and Steyliff Grove mazes, and during the Breeding Season: Rooster Extermination hunt. The hunt variant also appears as a normal enemy in the area outside Pitioss Ruins only accessed via Regalia Type-F.
A Lv.27 kingatrice fights in Cleigne Crossroads in Totomostro under the team name Noblesse Oblige.
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
- Common breed of kingatrice lording over its glacial demesne in Greyshire. The kingatrice is regal in size alone, as its behaviors are virtually indistinguishable from its diminutive subjects.
- Size: 36.81 ft. Weight: 10.61 t
- A rare species of kingatrice that lives above ground. While not as belligerent as a cockatrice, the kingatrice's imposing figure strikes fear in the hearts of many even while simply foraging for food. To prevent unnecessary injuries, it is best eliminated on the spot.
- Size: 37.33 ft. Weight: 11.06 t
- A powerful kingatrice residing within the depths of Steyliff Grove. The narrow nature of the ruins makes it easy for the kingatrice to protect its territory—though being confined in such close quarters with other creatures also exacerbates its aggressive tendencies.
- Size: 38.74 ft. Weight: 11.24 t
Hunt[edit | edit source]
|Breeding Season: Rooster Extermination||Meldacio Hunter HQ||9||Kingatrice x1, Basilisk x3||Risorath Basin (Daytime)||70||30,320 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★★★|
Stats[edit | edit source]
Lvl 70 Enemy
Lvl 83 Enemy
Battle[edit | edit source]
Kingatrice is a giant rooster that jumps onto its targets, flapping its wings, and pecks and spews toxic liquid that poisons those it hits. It turns around quickly to attack with its long tail feathers. The player can break off its crest by targeting its head. It is weak to fire, greatswords and machinery and resists ice and light.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ignis's Enhancement Technique can bestow Noctis's weapon with the fire element to deal more damage. A good way to open the battle is also to throw fire elemancy at the flock. If the player wants to break off the kingatrice's crest, they can lock onto the head and warp-strike from a distance.