Keycatrich is a former town in northern Leide in Final Fantasy XV. It used to be a prosperous town where rich people lived, but after the Wall was scaled back it at the culmination of the Great War was destroyed by Niflheim and overrun by daemons. The refugees from the town first fled to the Hunters' prairie outpost, and when the camp was full and it became apparent return to Keycatrich was impossible due to the daemons, the people scattered about the Lucian outlands.
Cindy Aurum, Takka Bradham and Weskham Armaugh are from Keycatrich. The Tomb of the Wise is around this area, where Noctis can salvage the Sword of the Wise. Noctis visits Keycatrich at Cor Leonis's urging when he is sent upon his journey of collecting the arms of his forebears. They find the ruins occupied by the imperials, but after returns from Keycatrich Trench they are gone.
Ruins of Keycatrich, under the letter "e" on the in-game map, in a corner of a dilapidated building.
- Though nary a trace of its rich past remains, Keycatrich was once a residential area home to the Lucian rich and famous. Under the Wall's protection, the town flourished as an intercontinental trading post where the global currency known as "gil" was circulated.
- Those glory days came screeching to a halt, however, with the advent of the great war. The Wall's scope was scaled back due to imperial encroachment, and the town of Keycatrich was razed by the flames of war. Within a short matter of months, the entire city had turned to ash, leaving only the trenches behind. Now the Founder King's statue stands alone, a somber reminder of the town's tragic past.
- Hi-Elixir x2 (one is a treasure icon)
- White Choker (Map)
- Bioblaster (outside dungeon entrance)
- Sword of the Wise (royal tomb)
- The mineral deposit near the dungeon entrance yields dust-type minerals
Scraps of MysteryEdit
The Prairie Outpost has a wooden shack. Between the hut and the fence is a wooden trolley that has a map that marks areas in the ruins of Keycatrich. The treasure is in the northeast corner on another trolley.
|The Pride of the King||Hammerhead||6||Behemoth x1||Keycatrich Ruins (All Times)||47||10,020 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★|
The Perfect CupEdit
In Chapter 8 approaching the noodle wagon in Lestallum opens a quest for concocting an ideal Cup Noodles. The player can choose if they prefer it with meat, egg or shrimp. Choosing meat sends the party to Keycatrich Ruins to fell a behemoth. The next time the party camps they will eat the Cup Noodle.
Founder King's SigilEdit
In the Windows and Royal Editions, the player gains access to Armiger Unleashed by interacting with the statue of the Founder King in the ruins of Keycatrich. After having collected all 13 royal arms, interacting with the statue yields The Founder King's Sigil.
On the 16th day of the month the Timed Quest happens at the Keycatrich Ruins where the player can fight cactuars and slactuars for 100 Quest Points. It is one of two Timed Quest areas that only has one quest a month, the other being Rydielle Ley arches that also hosts cactuars and slactuars.