Key to Another World was a Collector's Event in Final Fantasy Record Keeper. This event was a collaboration between the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy mobile games, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross] and Record Keeper.
Development[edit | edit source]
Pre-launch[edit | edit source]
Preparations for this particular event began February 10, 2018, when players could participate in a Gummi Ship bullet-hell shooter. The total number of points accumulated in this minigame added to a prize counter in both Record Keeper and Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]. The more total points that all players earned, the more rewards would be given out as login bonuses. All milestones were reached and all bonuses were given out.
Launch[edit | edit source]
The event coincided with several new game mechanics for the Global release; the Heavy Combat ability school was introduced, and the new Soul Break types "Arcane Overstrike" and "Glint". This event also marked the first Wardrobe Record for Tyro, a black coat like those worn by Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts.
Starting with the event's launch the login bonuses for the event were delivered, one per day for ten days, over the event's duration.
- Mythril x10
- Major Orb x15 each
- Stamina Potion x2
- Memory Crystal III Lode x2
- Rank 5 Kingdom Key (KH) weapon.
- Rank 4 Mote x20 each
- Giant Scarletite and Giant Adamantite x50 each
- Rank 5 Mote x10 each
- Rank 5 Dark Matter x3
- Stamina Potion x3
Moogle Shop[edit | edit source]
Instead of gil, dungeons and enemy drops in this event awarded the player Munny, the currency in Kingdom Hearts, which could then be traded in at the Moogle Shop for items. Save for the 2,000 gil trade, which could be traded without limit, all items were only available once.
Scenario[edit | edit source]
Destiny Islands, heart of a peaceful world bathed in warm sunlight. There, Sora, Riku, and Kairi made their plans to set off on a grand adventure. But on the day before they had planned to leave, a darkness fell across the island, and the three friends were separated. As darkness engulfs the island, Sora takes possession of the Keyblade, and he sets out on a true adventure to find his friends. In his travels, Sora visits many worlds, meeting new faces and having life-changing experiences along the way. But to reach the end of his journey, Sora must face Kairi, in her death-like slumber, Riku, who is drawn to the seductive power of darkness, and a mysterious figure with an insatiable lust for the dark.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
"Munny" is a corruption of "money", but is also a play on Pooh's favorite snack, which he labels "HUNNY".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This was the first event to be released simultaenously globally and in Japan, and the first non-Final Fantasy event to receive a release outside of Japan.
- In lieu of more traditional Final Fantasy enemies, all enemies in this event were Heartless, the main enemy type in Kingdom Hearts.
- This event introduced Arcane Overstrike Soul Breaks and Glints, and the Heavy Combat ability school. The 3rd Anniversary event introduced the new Soul Break types in the Japanese version, while the Final Fantasy Type-0 event "Vermillion Youths" introduced Heavy Combat. The release of "Key to Another World" predated both of these events in the global version of Record Keeper, effectively meaning these mechanics were introduced ahead of schedule.
- Sora's elemental affinities, as designated by his Materia and Soul Breaks, are fire, ice, and lightning; every boss in this event was resistant to those elements, ironically making Sora ill-suited to fighting in his own debut event.