I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.
Keeper of the Farseer is a time-limited event where Caius from Final Fantasy XIII-2 can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Serah: I think we've cleaned up this area. It looks like the monsters are all gone.
- Noel: Got it. Then let's... Who's that?
(Caius is seen entering a Torsion)
- Noel: Caius!?
(Noel runs after Caius)
- Firion: Noel! Don't run off alone! Come on, let's go!
- Seven: ...What an odd place. It feels...stagnant.
- Serah: Wh-what's that!?
(An Evil Eye defeats a pair of Skeletons)
- Quistis: The monsters are fighting each other! What in the world...
- Caius: Here, one can efficiently absorb power. It is a space to guide a visitor into the world...
- Caius: A distorted mechanism made to sate the desires of one from your world.
- Firion: Our world... You mean the Emperor!?
- Seven: ...Then why are you here? I'm sure you didn't come here just to tell us that.
- Caius: I will take advantage of his plans...
- Caius: And use that power for myself!
(Caius summons a Planesgorger)
- Firion: Shinryu!? I see... The Emperor wanted to lure it in!
- Caius: Unfortunately it is still a larva... But it can still open holes in dimensions and connect worlds.
- Caius: Turning order into chaos...
- Serah: Are you going to connect to Seven's world again!?
- Quistis: Wait! We must deal with Shinryu first!
- Quistis: I doubt we'll get any answers if we don't.
(After a battle, the Planesgorger is slain)
- Serah: Everything seems fine for now.
- Seven: I told you before. Even if you connect to our world, the rules won't change. Even if you forget, the past stays the same.
- Caius: Can you prove that is not your own false assumption?
- Seven: What...!?
- Caius: You've experienced it before. When someone is erased from everyone's memories, they cease to exist.
- Serah: ...You're right. When everyone forgot about Lightning except for me, she disappeared.
- Caius: Memories and reality are closely linked. Is this not the greatest proof there is?
- Serah: Well... Even so...!
- Caius: Memories of sadness will be buried. People can revel in happiness and the timeline will be restored to its rightful path.
- Firion: Do you really think that's right...!?
- Noel: You won't find happiness there.
- Noel: What you really want to erase is Yeul's fate of dying over and over again!
- Noel: You're supposed to protect Yeul.
- Caius: ...What makes you think that?
- Noel: Because you're just like me! You're a Guardian of Yeul!
(Caius fends off Noel)
- Caius: What's the matter? I thought you were better than this.
- Noel: I've got my reasons!
(Noel clashes with Caius again)
- Noel: Locke, a little help!
- Locke: Got it!
- Caius: Gck...!
- Locke: We'll be taking these—your dimensional coordinates.
- Caius: What do you intend to do with them?
- Noel: The others told me I could see where you are with these.
- Fran: We will know if you make any suspicious movements. So behave.
- Caius: If you are so wary of me, why not strike me down now?
- Caius: Wouldn't that be easier for you?
- Warrior of Light: No. We heard that you trapped Noel.
- Noel: I won't make the same mistake again. I'm sure you're scheming something.
- Caius: ...You are on your guard. So there are no missing fragments in your memories, Noel.
- Noel: ...I don't want to strike you down, Caius.
- Noel: I wanted to be better than you and stop you...
- Noel: Think it over. Don't get this world involved, too. I think Yeul would be...sad, if you did.
- Caius: ...Use my coordinates as you see fit. No matter what you say, I will not change my mind.
- Noel: Caius!
- Caius: I stayed true to my oath for a long time. Do not underestimate the power of my will.
- Noel: ...It didn't work.
- Rosa: Don't lose hope. There will be another chance, I'm sure of it.
- Rosa: We'll call for him as many times as it takes.
- Locke: Right. We have his coordinates, after all. So we know where he is.
- Noel: Right... It's a lot better than chasing after him in the dark.
- Noel: I believe...
- Noel: "We'll meet again." Those were the last words Yeul left me.
- Noel: The seeress said so, so there must be another way.
- Fran: ...With such composure, the possibilities are many.
- Warrior of Light: Caius's will is strong, but so is yours. We won't give up.
- Noel: As I am now...I won't lose again.
- Ignis: ...If you don't mind, could you tell us more about Caius?
- Serah: Of course. It's best for everyone to know what we know.
- Lulu: Noel and Caius were Guardians of someone named Yeul, correct?
- Serah: Right. They protected the seeress of their tribe from harm.
- Serah: That seeress is named Yeul.
- Vincent: So Noel, Caius, and Yeul are all from the same tribe.
- Serah: Yes. Yeul can see the future, so she has a Guardian to stop people from using that power to change history.
- Ignis: The power of prophecy... So they protected that power from being abused?
- Serah: Yes. A long time ago, a prophecy started a war and an entire city fell to ruin.
- Serah: A goddess gave Caius the power to live forever.
- Serah: So he's been the seeress's Guardian for a long, long time.
- Vincent: Is the seeress immortal, too?
- Serah: ...Yeul doesn't live very long.
- Serah: In exchange for seeing the future, her life is shortened... But she's reincarnated time and time again.
- Vincent: So Caius saw the person he was supposed to protect die over and over again.
- Lulu: A Guardian who lost the one who he was supposed to protect...
- Serah: In order to stop Yeul from being reincarnated, Caius tried to kill the goddess. Then chaos started to fill the world.
- Ignis: ...His story is sympathetic, but such an action is high-handed.
- Vincent: If his will is that strong, he might try to do the same in this world.
- Serah: ...We weren't able to stop him that time. But with all of us here...I think we can do it.
- Lulu: Well, there is strength in numbers.
- Ignis: And we are happy to be of service.
- Serah: Thank you!
- Garland: ...I heard an interesting tale.
- Garland: A tale of someone caught in a cycle of death and rebirth.
- Garland: Have you acquired the power of chaos?
- Caius: It's not that simple.
- Garland: Hahaha! And yet you persist.
- Garland: There will be many more chances.
- Garland: If you continue fighting, this world will be filled with chaos!
- Caius: I am well aware. I am merely exhausting all possible means.