Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Keeper of Fear page!
Keeper of Fear is a time-limited event where Machina from Final Fantasy Type-0 can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: I was summoned...to save this world?
- Spiritus: This is a place of respite.
- Spiritus: The goddess Materia and I created this world to give battle-weary warriors rest.
- Spiritus: However, all worlds connected to this one now hang in the balance...
- Spiritus: Because of the planesgorgers.
- ???: Is Orience connected to this world, too?
- Spiritus: Of course. It is no exception to the danger that faces all.
- Spiritus: Many warriors from other worlds have already been summoned here as a new battle unfolds before us.
- Spiritus: You are free to collude with whomever you wish to accomplish your goals.
- Spiritus: ...Even if they may be Materia's warriors.
- ???: You don't care about anything but yourself, do you?
- Spiritus: No.
- ???: I guess I don't have much of a choice...
- ???: I have a lot of things to do back home, so I'll do whatever it takes to get back.
- ???: ...Even so, I don't know where to begin.
- ???: Summoned by a god and not given any concrete orders...
- Golbez: What are you doing here?
- Golbez: ...My apologies. It seems I have mistaken you for someone else.
- ???: Someone else?
- Golbez: One of those who don a similar uniform.
- ???: ...That can't be.
- Golbez: They said they were from a military in a different world. There was a young boy who fought with cards named Ace...
- Golbez: And a girl skilled with the flute, among other warriors.
- ???: They're...alive!?
- Golbez: So you are one of them. In that case—
- Golbez: You seem troubled...
- ???: ...I don't know if I could face them now, after what I've done...
- Golbez: It sounds like a complicated situation.
- Golbez: It is up to you whether to see them or not. I have no intention of forcing you either way.
- ???: But if they're really alive...
- ???: I want to see them with my own eyes, even if only for just a glance, and apologize...!
- Golbez: Just a glance...
- Golbez: ...I understand the feeling well.
- Shadow: ...Someone is following us.
- Zell: What!? Seriously!? Where are they!?
- Shadow: Come out. I know you're there.
- Ace: Machina!?
- Machina: Ace. Deuce... Is it really you?
- Machina: I can't...believe it...
- Deuce: We're so glad you're here, Machina!
- Machina: ...What?
- Ace: We were worried about you. But you look unharmed.
- Machina: Y-yeah. I'm fine...
- Ace: What's the matter? Is something wrong?
- Deuce: It's been so long since we've seen each other! The least you could do is smile!
- Shadow: So you're a friend of Ace and the others.
- Zell: What were you doing sneaking around like that!? There's no need to hide!
- Ace: Let me introduce you. His name is Machina. He's another member of Class Zero.
- Deuce: He's new to Akademeia, but a great comrade in arms!
- Machina: (Could it be...they don't remember?)
- Rem: Machina...?
- Rem: It is you, isn't it!?
- Machina: Rem...!
- Rem: I'm so happy to see you, Machina!
- Machina: Me, too. Are you okay?
- Rem: I'm fine! Hehe.
- Ace: She sure got a completely different reaction than we did...
- Deuce: I guess that's to be expected. Those two are special to each other, after all.
- Machina: ...I heard all about the situation from the god.
- Deuce: That's a relief. Now we can fight together again!
- Ace: Come on, Machina. We'll introduce you to the others.
- Rem: Machina...?
- Machina: I don't...deserve to go with you.
- Rem: What are you saying?
- Zell: What do you mean "deserve"? You're friends, and that's all that matters!
- Deuce: Zell's right. I don't understand why you're so hesitant...
- Rem: Please come with us, Machina. I want you to be by my side.
- Machina: Rem... You're right. I promised.
- Machina: I'll go with you. I want to help.
- Zell: Was that so hard now? Man, you're weird!
- Shadow: Let's get moving.
- Deuce: Yes! Let's go!
- Rem: We can take our time catching up later, Machina.
(Everyone leaves, except Machina)
- Machina: They're all...the same as back then...
- Machina: I'll protect you this time. I'll atone for everything.
- Tidus: ...And then the crowd goes wild! It's a blast!
- Tidus: You can't beat blitzball when it comes to fun in Spira.
- King: A giant sphere filled with water...
- Cinque: Wouldn't it be great if we had that in Orience, too?
- Cater: You have something amazing in your world, too, right? An...amusement park, was it?
- Aerith: That's right. They have all sorts of games and rides, and you can take part in a stage show there, too.
- Aerith: You can even watch the fireworks from a gondola. It's such a beautiful sight to see.
- Cinque: Ooh, we need an amusement park, too! I never get tired of hearing about it!
- Cater: I'd love to hang out in all the other worlds! Once the war is over, let's go!
- King: That's not a bad idea...
- Cinque: I'm looking forward to it already! We've got to make tons of plans for the future!
- Machina: The future, huh...
- Machina: (But they don't have a... No. I can't say things like that...)
- Cinque: Lookie, lookie, I found a Machy!
(The party goes to Machina)
- Cater: You must've heard us just now! Is there anywhere you want to go?
- Machina: Me?
- Machina: Hmm... Well...
- King: You don't need to think so hard about it.
- Machina: Well, I... As long as I'm with you guys, anywhere's fine with me.
- Tidus: What? Don't be so indecisive!
- Aerith: Of course you'll all go together! But we want to know what you want to do once the fighting's over.
- Machina: Uhh... I guess if I had to choose...
- Machina: I'd like to go to school with Class Zero again.
- Cater: What!? That can't possibly be your dream!
- Cinque: You're so serious, Machy!
- Machina: I'm not serious...
- Machina: I'm just being honest.
- Cinque: Are you okay, Machy?
- Cater: A-are you crying? At a time like this!?
- Machina: I-I'm not crying! Don't be ridiculous!
- Machina: It started raining! I'm going to take shelter over there!
(Machina runs off)
- Aerith: But it's not...raining...
- King: He's a terrible liar...
- Tidus: He's a little...strange, isn't he?
- Cinque: He's at a sensitive age, you know! Don't be too hard on him.
- Machina: They don't know...about Class Zero's future...
- Machina: But in this world, I can save them...
Keeper of Fear Pt. 1Edit
Keeper of Fear Pt. 2Edit
Keeper of Fear Pt. 3Edit
Keeper of Fear Pt. 4Edit
Keeper of Fear Pt. 5Edit
Keeper of Fear Co-opEdit
Keeper of Fear EXEdit
Keeper of Fear COSMOSEdit
Keeper of Fear CHAOSEdit
- "Servant of the Crystal" - Taken directly from Final Fantasy Type-0. It is the theme for both regular and boss battles.
- "Machina Kunagiri" - Machina's leitmotif from Final Fantasy Type-0. It is played during cutscenes in this event.