Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Keeper of Fear page!
Keeper of Fear is a time-limited event where Machina from Final Fantasy Type-0 can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: I was summoned...to save this world?
- Spiritus: This is a place of respite.
- Spiritus: The goddess Materia and I created this world to give battle-weary warriors rest.
- Spiritus: However, all worlds connected to this one now hang in the balance...
- Spiritus: Because of the planesgorgers.
- ???: Is Orience connected to this world, too?
- Spiritus: Of course. It is no exception to the danger that faces all.
- Spiritus: Many warriors from other worlds have already been summoned here as a new battle unfolds before us.
- Spiritus: You are free to collude with whomever you wish to accomplish your goals.
- Spiritus: ...Even if they may be Materia's warriors.
- ???: You don't care about anything but yourself, do you?
- Spiritus: No.
- ???: I guess I don't have much of a choice...
- ???: I have a lot of things to do back home, so I'll do whatever it takes to get back.
- ???: ...Even so, I don't know where to begin.
- ???: Summoned by a god and not given any concrete orders...
- Golbez: What are you doing here?
- Golbez: ...My apologies. It seems I have mistaken you for someone else.
- ???: Someone else?
- Golbez: One of those who don a similar uniform.
- ???: ...That can't be.
- Golbez: They said they were from a military in a different world. There was a young boy who fought with cards named Ace...
- Golbez: And a girl skilled with the flute, among other warriors.
- ???: They're...alive!?
- Golbez: So you are one of them. In that case—
- Golbez: You seem troubled...
- ???: ...I don't know if I could face them now, after what I've done...
- Golbez: It sounds like a complicated situation.
- Golbez: It is up to you whether to see them or not. I have no intention of forcing you either way.
- ???: But if they're really alive...
- ???: I want to see them with my own eyes, even if only for just a glance, and apologize...!
- Golbez: Just a glance...
- Golbez: ...I understand the feeling well.
- Shadow: ...Someone is following us.
- Zell: What!? Seriously!? Where are they!?
- Shadow: Come out. I know you're there.
- Ace: Machina!?
- Machina: Ace. Deuce... Is it really you?
- Machina: I can't...believe it...
- Deuce: We're so glad you're here, Machina!
- Machina: ...What?
- Ace: We were worried about you. But you look unharmed.
- Machina: Y-yeah. I'm fine...
- Ace: What's the matter? Is something wrong?
- Deuce: It's been so long since we've seen each other! The least you could do is smile!
- Shadow: So you're a friend of Ace and the others.
- Zell: What were you doing sneaking around like that!? There's no need to hide!
- Ace: Let me introduce you. His name is Machina. He's another member of Class Zero.
- Deuce: He's new to Akademeia, but a great comrade in arms!
- Machina: (Could it be...they don't remember?)
- Rem: Machina...?
- Rem: It is you, isn't it!?
- Machina: Rem...!
- Rem: I'm so happy to see you, Machina!
- Machina: Me, too. Are you okay?
- Rem: I'm fine! Hehe.
- Ace: She sure got a completely different reaction than we did...
- Deuce: I guess that's to be expected. Those two are special to each other, after all.
- Machina: ...I heard all about the situation from the god.
- Deuce: That's a relief. Now we can fight together again!
- Ace: Come on, Machina. We'll introduce you to the others.
- Rem: Machina...?
- Machina: I don't...deserve to go with you.
- Rem: What are you saying?
- Zell: What do you mean "deserve"? You're friends, and that's all that matters!
- Deuce: Zell's right. I don't understand why you're so hesitant...
- Rem: Please come with us, Machina. I want you to be by my side.
- Machina: Rem... You're right. I promised.
- Machina: I'll go with you. I want to help.
- Zell: Was that so hard now? Man, you're weird!
- Shadow: Let's get moving.
- Deuce: Yes! Let's go!
- Rem: We can take our time catching up later, Machina.
(Everyone leaves, except Machina)
- Machina: They're all...the same as back then...
- Machina: I'll protect you this time. I'll atone for everything.
- Tidus: ...And then the crowd goes wild! It's a blast!
- Tidus: You can't beat blitzball when it comes to fun in Spira.
- King: A giant sphere filled with water...
- Cinque: Wouldn't it be great if we had that in Orience, too?
- Cater: You have something amazing in your world, too, right? An...amusement park, was it?
- Aerith: That's right. They have all sorts of games and rides, and you can take part in a stage show there, too.
- Aerith: You can even watch the fireworks from a gondola. It's such a beautiful sight to see.
- Cinque: Ooh, we need an amusement park, too! I never get tired of hearing about it!
- Cater: I'd love to hang out in all the other worlds! Once the war is over, let's go!
- King: That's not a bad idea...
- Cinque: I'm looking forward to it already! We've got to make tons of plans for the future!
- Machina: The future, huh...
- Machina: (But they don't have a... No. I can't say things like that...)
- Cinque: Lookie, lookie, I found a Machy!
(The party goes to Machina)
- Cater: You must've heard us just now! Is there anywhere you want to go?
- Machina: Me?
- Machina: Hmm... Well...
- King: You don't need to think so hard about it.
- Machina: Well, I... As long as I'm with you guys, anywhere's fine with me.
- Tidus: What? Don't be so indecisive!
- Aerith: Of course you'll all go together! But we want to know what you want to do once the fighting's over.
- Machina: Uhh... I guess if I had to choose...
- Machina: I'd like to go to school with Class Zero again.
- Cater: What!? That can't possibly be your dream!
- Cinque: You're so serious, Machy!
- Machina: I'm not serious...
- Machina: I'm just being honest.
- Cinque: Are you okay, Machy?
- Cater: A-are you crying? At a time like this!?
- Machina: I-I'm not crying! Don't be ridiculous!
- Machina: It started raining! I'm going to take shelter over there!
(Machina runs off)
- Aerith: But it's not...raining...
- King: He's a terrible liar...
- Tidus: He's a little...strange, isn't he?
- Cinque: He's at a sensitive age, you know! Don't be too hard on him.
- Machina: They don't know...about Class Zero's future...
- Machina: But in this world, I can save them...
Keeper of Fear Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear Co-op[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear EX[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear COSMOS[edit | edit source]
Keeper of Fear CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
- "Servant of the Crystal" - Taken directly from Final Fantasy Type-0. It is the theme for both regular and boss battles.
- "Machina Kunagiri" - Machina's leitmotif from Final Fantasy Type-0. It is played during cutscenes in this event.