Ixtab is an enemy in Final Fantasy XII and a Rank II Mark found in the Phase 1 Shaft area of the Henne Mines. It becomes available to hunt after the storyline events in Eruyt Village are complete, after opening the path through the Golmore Jungle.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 12: The Dead Ought Sleep Forever[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: High-chief Zayalu
- Petitioner's Location: Jahara
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of Ixtab (Rank II). The petitioner is High-chief Zayalu on the Elderknoll in Jahara.
- Hunt accepted. High-chief Zayalu warns that Ixtab is a spirit of great malevolence, prone to attack whenever it senses the living. It is to be found in the Phase 1 Shaft of the Henne Mines.
- Ixtab defeated! Report to High-chief Zayalu on the Elderknoll in Jahara.
- Hunt reported. Ixtab was the tainted spirit of all garif who had died in the Henne Mines. Now at last the dead may know peace, and for that the garif are thankful.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Our tale begins in Incident: the Slaying in cold Blood of many garif - a People as a Rule content to live and perish in Nature's Embrace - by Imperials for their Opposition to an Imperial Magicite mining Operation. The fierce hatred of the slain garif towards their Slayers gave rise to this monstrous Spirit. Having long forgotten its Purpose, it now attacks all Men it finds. Unable to strike at their own Ancestors, the garif posted a bill for this mark in hopes that a Hunter would aid them.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The Original Japanese Guidebook cites Ixtab's MP as being 1688, but subsequent guides list it as 999.
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Aquara||Use all battle (5%)|
|Aerora||Use all battle (5%)|
|Dark||Use all battle (5%)|
|Doom||Use all battle (25%)|
|Ram||Use all battle (5%)|
|Annul||Use all battle (25%)|
|Evade+||When HP <50%|
|Normal Attack+||When HP <50%|
Battle[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Since Ixtab spawns without pending special conditions unlike other hunts, it can be a good idea to use the Nihopalaoa + Chronos Tear trick to continually zone in and out stealing to stock up on Flame Shields long before they become readily available through shops.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Ixtab was the Mayan goddess of the gallows, and protector of those who committed suicide. She is depicted as hanging from a tree with a noose around her neck, and partly decomposed.