Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Itchin' for Greater Fights page!
Itchin' for Greater Fights is a time-limited event where Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario is set post-Chapter 9. Cutscenes may include warriors not heretofore recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: Ahh... Not bad, a journey with no destination... I wonder whom I'll meet where this time...
- ???: And yet...what a revolting development this is.
- ???: Even I, who has traipsed across countless dimensions, find this place yucky...
- ???: ...What might Bartz, that spry, old fellow, and their merry band be up to about now?
(Gilgamesh sees a Torsion)
- ???: Oh, my! Have we an exit before us!?
- ???: This time we shall arrive in some space more respectable-like!
(Gilgamesh enters the Torsion)
- Mog: Kupo! What's a Torsion doing here, kupo?
- Faris: There aren't many monsters about... Just a wee Torsion, I suppose.
- Mog: A Torsion is still a Torsion, kupo! Let's get in there and close it, kupo!
- ???: Whaaat iiin the—!?
(Gilgamesh comes out of the Torsion)
- Bartz: Gilgamesh!?
- Gilgamesh: What ho! If it isn't Bartz! Then this must be...
- Gilgamesh: ...... ......
- Gilgamesh: ......someplace?
- Firion: You...we fought you in the World of Illusions. If you came out of there, then that means...
- Mog: You're the Torsion's master, kupo!?
- Gilgamesh: Fwa!? I haven't the faintest of what's going on, but you wish to cross blades!?
- Gilgamesh: Hah hah hah! Very well!
- Gilgamesh: The me before you now is in prime condition! Three on one! Bring it!
- Bartz: ...I don't know what's going on either, but okay!
- Gilgamesh: Arrrgh! You beat me agaaain!
- Vaan: Hey, the Torsion isn't closing.
- Mog: Kupo!? Then the Torsion isn't his, kupo!?
- Squall: ...What a waste of time.
- Bartz: Sorry about that Gilgamesh. So why are you here?
- Gilgamesh: Why wouldn't I be? There was an exit, and I took it!
- Vaan: You were lost?
- Gilgamesh: I was not lost! I was wandering! As suits Gilgamesh, the wandering swordsman!
- Serah: Bartz, this guy's from your world...right?
- Bartz: Yeah, we fought him as an enemy a bunch of times...
- Gilgamesh: Let us not discuss my former employer. I am now a vagabond, roaming the expanse of the Rift.
- Squall: Why do you ask?
- Serah: Hmm... Maybe I'm imagining things, but I feel like we've met before...
- Vaan: Actually, I had the same feeling. He's kind of familiar...
- Squall: ...So you guys, too.
- Bartz: Huh? You all know Gilgamesh?
- Gilgamesh: I don't know you!
- Squall: Just a passing resemblance...?
- Gilgamesh: Mayhaps we have met, but so long has been my journey, many a detail have I forgotten!
- Mog: You've been wandering between dimensions without the need of Torsions? How unusual, kupo...
- Bartz: Anyway, Gilgamesh hasn't done anything wrong. Should we get back to closing the Torsion?
- Serah: Right, we can't leave it open.
- Squall: Our memories of back home aren't spot on in this world either... No point dwelling on it.
(The party walks to the Torsion)
- Gilgamesh: Hey! You're going already!? Then I shall lend you my aid!
- Gilgamesh: You say we have met... What kind of a jerk would I be if I let acquaintances risk their lives!?
- Vaan: Sure you just don't want to be lost and alone again?
- Gilgamesh: I'm not lost! Nor am I letting your last memory of me be my humiliating defeat!
- Bartz: Is it alright if he comes along?
- Mog: He's strong and doesn't seem like a bad guy. I don't see why not, kupo.
- Gilgamesh: Then it is decided! You won't regret this!
- Gilgamesh: Alright! Consider my honor regained!
- Bartz: You were a big help. Sorry about the mixup earlier.
- Gilgamesh: Think nothing of it! You and I are buds, are we not!?
- Galuf: Your skills haven't dulled at all either.
- Gilgamesh: Of course not! I have been continually sharpening them!
- Gilgamesh: I am heartened to see you in good health, old man. As for me, I must return to my journey.
- Mog: Kupo!? You won't stay with us, kupo?
- Gilgamesh: Saving the world simply doesn't suit a wandering swordsman.
- Vivi: Are you really gonna go, Mister?
- Vanille: Would you look at that? Even the kids like you despite that scary face of yours.
- Gilgamesh: Ulp... Do not look at me with those eyes! I might get emotional!
- Vivi: I'm worried about you... I don't want you to get lost and feel lonely again.
- Bartz: We were also washed up here away from home and are wandering just the same.
- Gilgamesh: Ho ho... Well, if you insist!
- Gilgamesh: Moogle! Take this!
- Mog: Kupo! These are...dimensional coordinates, kupo?
- Gilgamesh: My journey has no destination, and when we next meet, it may be as rivals...
- Gilgamesh: Buuut! Whenever you folks need me, just call my name! I'll be there!
- Mog: Yay, kupo! Another friend added to our roster, kupo!
- Gilgamesh: Now then, fare thee well! Hrah!
- Vanille: I feel like our conversation went off the rails somewhere...but oh well?
- Galuf: He can be a hasty fellow, but try to welcome him warmly.
- Bartz: Who could've imagined a day we'd be fighting side by side...? What a feeling.