It is recommended that you clear Ch. 7: Imber Manor before playing.
- ???: ...No!
(Aerith runs away from Kefka and his Magitek Armors)
- Kefka: Ho ho ho... You're not getting away.
- Kefka: Not with me and my magitek army on your tail!
- Kefka: Go go go!
- Kefka: A girlie with the power of an ancient race'd be a nice piece to control...
- Cloud: ...Is that!?
- ???: Ah! Cloud! Tifa!
- Tifa: Aerith! You're here!
- Aerith: Are you really the real Tifa?
- Cloud: ...So you ran into our manikins.
- Aerith: You call those dolls manikins, huh? They looked just like you...
- Aerith: But not this time. It's the real you!
- Mog: A friend, kupo?
- Cloud: A friend...from home.
- Aerith: This isn't our planet, is it?
- Aerith: I see. That's why I can't hear its voice.
- Tifa: It's a different planet, but this one has its own crisis right now.
- Mog: We're fighting to stop this world from being devoured, kupo!
- Tifa: You'll come with us, won't you?
- Aerith: Well, I'd love to say, "Of course!" but...
- Cloud: ...Is there something you're unsure of? If you want to know more, Mog can—
- Aerith: It's not that...
- Kefka: I found yoo-hoo!
- Aerith: Ack, he's here!
- Kefka: Ack, I'm here! And I have no plans to share your powers with no stinkin' moogles.
- Aerith: I don't know what you're talking about! I don't have special powers!
(Kuja comes out from a Torsion)
- Kuja: The poor canary doesn't realize her own potential...
- Cloud: These guys were after you!
- Mog: They're bad guys who want to destroy the world, kupo!
- Kuja: Who're the heroes and who're the villains is for the audience to decide.
- Tifa: Last time I checked, heroes don't force women to come along with them.
- Cloud: Stay away from Aerith.
- Aerith: Thanks, you two! I'm not alone now!
- Kuja: ...And scene. How about calling it a day?
- Kefka: Ho ho ho... ...Don't tell me what to do.
- Kuja: ...Have it your way.
(Kuja exits into the Torsion)
- Kefka: I intend to! Hasta la pasta!
- Cloud: Why were they after you?
- Aerith: I don't know. This is a different planet, so I didn't think being an Ancient would matter...
- Aerith: And yet, I have this unpleasant feeling. A murmuring...
- Mog: ...Can you tell where it's coming from, kupo?
- Aerith: That forest... No, beyond it perhaps.
- Mog: Where the Torsion is! You can sense Torsions, kupo!
- Tifa: Great, come with us.
- Tifa: We're traveling around to close Torsions.
- Aerith: Is this why they were after me...?
- Terra: Kefka, that man who was after you, uses the Torsions to satisfy his...lust for destruction.
- Terra: Even if the Torsions weren't eating away at the world, we cannot let him do what he wants.
- Aerith: ...I understand. Count me in.
- Aerith: I want...to know more about this world.
- Cloud: Good. It's safer with us.
- Mog: Great to have you, kupo!
- Aerith: What's this? Have I gone too far ahead on my poor, lonesome own?
- Aerith: ...Haha. This should keep them out of trouble...I hope.
- Kuja: Decided to perform solo after all, have we?
- Aerith: You again... I could say the same to you.
- Kuja: I've hated that clown from the beginning. I was only there because, yes...
- Kuja: It's your motives that intrigue me. An Ancient...was it?
- Kuja: Why do you accept your fate? You didn't choose to be born an Ancient.
- Aerith: Perhaps, but...
- Aerith: There are some things only I can do... Maybe it's...if I can protect what's important to me, then I'll do them.
- Kuja: This is a miniature garden of the gods... Your fate also could be altered.
- Aerith: I appreciate the offer. But I'd like to decide something as important as that by myself.
- Kefka: I do declare, did you stay the little lady for me?
- Kuja: Spare me the indignity of sharing the stage with a buffoon the likes of you.
- Kuja: ...Run. The path behind you is good enough for you to get away.
- Aerith: You're helping me?
- Kuja: I want to know the truth of this world... For what reason we have been put here.
- Kuja: If you can sense the distortions, then perhaps...
- Kefka: Blargh! Ptoey! Boooring!
- Kefka: If it's there for the using, use it and break it all. That's enough for me!
- Hope: Aerith, there you are!
(Mog and the rest of the party arrive)
- Mog: Kupo! She's being attacked!
- Warrior of Light: After her power...?
- Kuja: Ay me... This is my exit. If it's a sword dance you want, do it with the clown.
- Kefka: You're quite the pests, you know that? Let's put you out of my misery!
- Kefka: Harrumph! I don't need your power anyway!
- Kuja: ...Pitiful.
- Zidane: Hold it, Kuja! Why didn't you help Kefka?
- Aerith: He tried to help me escape.
- Kuja: ...I had my own reasons to speak with the girl, and nothing more.
- Zidane: You... What is it you're after...?
- Kuja: I hate cozy theatrics. I am done here.
- Mog: Kupo... And there he goes.
- Mog: Aerith, are you alright, kupo? It's dangerous to go off on your own.
- Aerith: I'm okay. I just...got a little lost.
- Zidane: "A little lost" wouldn't have ended you up all the way out here.
- Zidane: Are you sure you weren't trying to keep us from getting mixed up in your problems?
- Zidane: Have a little more faith in us. Or are we that useless?
- Tifa: Yeah, whatever it is, we can get through it together.
- Aerith: You're right. I'm sorry. ...Thank you.
- Mog: Alright, let's regroup and head for the Torsion, kupo!
- Warrior of Light: This Torsion... Something is different from usual.
(The rest of the party arrives to an erratic Torsion)
- Cloud: Could that be because of what you sensed?
- Aerith: I don't know. But the voice sounds so sad.
- Vaan: We'd better hurry and close it, ya think?
- Warrior of Light: ...It would appear that way.
- Rem: Will we be able to close it the same way as the others?
- Mog: The same as always! Get ready for a fight, kupo!
(The Torsion returns to normal and disappears)
- Aerith: Ah! ...It's gone.
- Aerith: You've been doing this the whole time?
- Cloud: ...This time was especially rough.
- Vincent: Are even greater Torsions appearing...without us even realizing it?
- Mog: If so, we're gonna need more and more friends, kupo!
- Terra: Aerith, you'll stay with us, right?
- Aerith: I will. I want to learn more about everyone else, too.
- Vincent: Furthermore...why Aerith is here, and repercussions that will have—what are the gods playing at...?
- Cloud: What's the matter?
- Vincent: Nothing...but... In this world...I might even be able to atone for my sins...
- Yuffie: Mr. Broody-Face is at it again.
- Yuffie: C'mon, our work here is done; let's blow this pop stand!
- Mog: Everyone back to the airship and we'll resume our journey, kupo!
(Everyone leaves, except Aerith)
- Aerith: Huh? This feeling...
- Sephiroth: Heh heh heh... Look who's here...
- Aerith: Sephiroth...
- Sephiroth: I have no more interest in you... But...
- Sephiroth: Rousing Cloud's memories make a worthwhile diversion.
- Aerith: ...You never change.
- Aerith: I still don't know why I'm here...
- Aerith: But... I will protect the people important to me!
- Sephiroth: Hmph... You really don't know...? Or are you just playing dumb?
- Sephiroth: It won't be long before you know the reason you're here...and what will come from it...
- Aerith: Weirdo...
- Aerith: But...what is it I need to do, what is it I can do on this planet...?
- Aerith: I have so many questions, I guess I can't help but get lost in thought like you-know-who.
- Aerith: I was lucky enough to find the others, so for now, I should talk it out with them.
Inheriting the Past Pt. 1Edit
Inheriting the Past Pt. 2Edit
Inheriting the Past Pt. 3Edit
Inheriting the Past Pt. 4Edit
Inheriting the Past Pt. 5Edit
Inheriting the Past Pt. 6Edit
Inheriting the Past Co-opEdit
- Aerith's event breaks from the usual format of five quests and three cutscenes, featuring six quests and seven cutscenes.