Imperial Rifleman is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in various main quests and randomly appearing from magitek engines. The bestiary describes them as cyborgs, as opposed to the magitek troopers that are fully machines. They are members of the imperial infantry.
- A core combatant in the imperial infantry, created using technology introduced by Chancellor Ardyn Izunia. Mass production began thirty years ago during the great war, and this cyborg became the driving force behind the empire's overwhelming victory.
- Size: 5 ft. 11 in. Weight: 214.2 lb.
- Thanks to several small modifications, this cybersoldier is even more powerful than its predecessor. Unlike magitek troopers, which are specifically engineered for engaging enemies, this unit serves a variety of military functions and is thus still produced on a large scale.
- Size: 5 ft. 11 in. Weight: 215.6 lb.
- Deployed throughout Niflheim and imperial territories like Accordo, this unit excels in governing other soldiers, but lacks the combat skills of cybersoldiers stationed closer to the field of battle.
- Size: 5 ft. 11 in. Weight: 212.5 lb.
Level 3 Enemy
Level 16 Enemy
The basic form of imperial troops, imperial riflemen are not particularly strong. They often stay close together when appearing in groups, and stay behind the MTs when deployed from magitek engines. They are weak to firearms, shields and fire-elemental attacks, and resist lightning. They shoot at the party from a range, and melee-attack when the player is near to them. They are often found at imperial blockades taking cover from higher up and aiming at the player from a safe distance. They die from a headshot from the Cerberus sniper rifle in scope mode (Wait Mode makes this especially easy).
The riflemen can be taken out with warp-strikes, which is especially useful against the ones in out-of-reach spots who can still damage the player with their ranged fire. When grouped, throwing fire-elemental Elemancy at them is powerful and damages all of them at once.