Imps are a diminutive species of demon in Final Fantasy XI, frequently sighted in the Near East in recent times. Though skilled in the use of elemental and dark magic, these natural-born cowards are not considered a threat when encountered alone. Imps carry a horn from which they produce a deafening noise, warning their allies and startling enemy forces.
In the time of the Great War, Imps were given the roles of scouts and messengers in the Shadow Lord's armies, and are thus well known to veteran soldiers even on the continent of Quon.
Critical hits or weapon skills from behind may break an Imp's horn, although they are able to utilize another one after the first one is broken.
Regular Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Clammy Imp
- Dapifer Imp
- Ermit Imp
- Errand Imp
- Glacial Imp
- Heraldic Imp
- Keep Imp
- Orderly Imp
- Ruly Imp
- Seneschal Imp
Notorious Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Black Baron
- Chillwing Hwitti
- Dark Bugler
- Deadpan Devilet
- Fiendish Leechkeeper
- Imp Bandsman
- Observant Zekka
- Odin's Fool
- Odin's Jester
- Swiftwinged Gekko
- Watch Imp
- Windjammer Imp
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Special attacks[edit | edit source]
- Abrasive Tantara: AoE Amnesia. Disabled after horn is broken.
- Deafening Tantara: AoE Silence. Disabled after horn is broken.
- Frenetic Rip: Single target attack. Enabled after horn is broken.
- Grating Tantara: AoE damage and Amnesia. Not used if Horn is broken. Only used by certain Notorious Monsters.
- Stifling Tantara: AoE damage and Silence. Not used if Horn is broken. Only used by certain Notorious Monsters.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
imp is "a small, mischievous devil or sprite".An