Ilsabard (イルサバード, Irusabaado?) is a continent on Hydaelyn, the world of Final Fantasy XIV. Though it was once populated by many smaller nations, most have been subjugated by Garlemald and become its territories.
Geography[edit | edit source]
Ilsabard lies northeast of Eorzea. The two are connected by a land bridge, which the Garlean Empire crossed to invade Ala Mhigo 20 years before the game's story begins. To the east of Ilsabard is Othard.
Little is known about Ilsabard's geography, but it is known to be cold and mountainous in the north, there are temperate plains in the south where the Seeq originate, and according to Bajsaljen the southern coast of the continent is plentiful in foggy wetlands such as Gangos.
- The capital city of Garlemald itself is in the north.
- Bozja, the homeland of the Hrothgar, is in the far southeast near the Othardian kingdom Dalmasca. In addition to Hrothgar it is also known to be home to Hyur and Roegadyn.
- Bozja Citadel was the former capital of Bozja until it was destroyed 15 years ago years ago by Midas nan Garlond's experiments with Dalamud, in an event known as the Bozja Incident. All that is left now is Firelight's Coffin, a crystallized crater visible from the Bozjan Southern Front.
- Gangos is a wetland on Bozja's southern coast used as the base of operations for the Bozjan Resistance.
- Castrum Lacus Litore, formerly known as Alermuc Fortress, is in the north of Bozja. It is surrounded on all sides by steep cliffs. Alermuc means "eagle" in the Bozjan language.
- Martrvje is a Bozjan port city home to 200,000 inhabitants. While it attracts laborers from all around for the promise of employment, it also has many homeless and orphans.
- Zetina's Grace is the location of the Verdant Path, an illustrious Bozjan martial arts school.
- Werlyt is in the far west near the border with Eorzea, just on the eastern side of the Ghimlyt Dark.
- Corvos is in the south just across a strait from Thavnair.
- The Republic of Landis and Nhalmasque are somewhere on the continent as well.