Ice equipment (アイス, Aisu?) is a recurring type of equipment in the Final Fantasy series. It is often a mid-rank type of armor, obtained directly after flame equipment, with resistance or weakness to either Ice or Fire. This gear has appeared in the forms of body armor, helm, shield, gloves, armlet, sword, rod, knuckles, spear, and bow.
Ice equipment was more commonly found as mid-rank armor in the early installments of the series, which grew into a less common type of weapons. The most recurring appearances of ice equipment are under shields, swords, and rods. The sword of ice equipment is often seen as Icebrand.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy
- 1.2 Final Fantasy II
- 1.3 Final Fantasy III
- 1.4 Final Fantasy IV
- 1.5 Final Fantasy V
- 1.6 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.7 Final Fantasy VII
- 1.8 Final Fantasy IX
- 1.9 Final Fantasy X
- 1.10 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.11 Final Fantasy XII
- 1.12 Final Fantasy XIII
- 1.13 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.14 Final Fantasy XV
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Tactics
- 1.16 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- 1.17 Final Fantasy Type-0
- 1.18 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- 1.19 Final Fantasy Adventure
- 1.20 The Final Fantasy Legend
- 1.21 Final Fantasy Legend II
- 1.22 Final Fantasy Legend III
- 1.23 Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
- 1.24 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.25 Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)
- 1.26 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.27 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.28 Final Fantasy Artniks
- 1.29 Final Fantasy All the Bravest
- 1.30 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.31 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.32 Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
- 1.33 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
- 2 Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances
- 3 Gallery
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Ice Lance
- Ice Arrows
- Ice Claws
- Ice Rod
- [[Ice Shield (Fin]al Fantasy IV)|Ice Shield]]
- Ice Armor
Ice-elemental equipment is mostly found within shops.
With the exception of the Frostshard, every piece of Ice-elemental equipment from Final Fantasy IV returns with the same statistics. The only new ice equipment is Ice Whip.
Ice armor is only found in the form of shield (which for the first time, is weaker than the Fire correspondent) while Frost Bow, Ice Rods, and the Icebrand exist in the weapon area. Ice Rod can cast Blizzaga when used as an item in battle, as well as increasing the damage of all Ice elemental attacks by 50%.
Many Ice-elemental weapons and armor made via customizing. Armor with the Ice Ward/Proof ability as the dominant ability will be classified as "White" and armor with the Ice Eater ability as the dominant ability will be classified as "Snow". Icestrike must be the dominant ability for weapons. A weapon with Icestrike, whether or not Icestrike is the dominant ability, is shown emitting snow.
- Ice Brand (Tidus)
- Rod of Ice (Yuna)
- Ice Ball (Wakka)
- Ice Moomba (Lulu)
- Ice Lance (Kimahri)
- Frost Blade (Auron)
- Ice Claw (Rikku)
The Icebrand and the Ice Staff appear, however there are many weapons and armor that give similar benefits as Ice equipment. For example, the Legionnaire's Harness raises resistance to Fire, while the Scorpion Harness lowers resistance to Ice, Shiva's Shotel has a chance of dealing extra Ice damage when attacking if certain conditions are met.
Players can obtain True Ice weapons from defeating Shiva in the trial "Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Extreme)." By accumulating the diamond dust items obtained through this fight, the weapons can be upgraded into Diamond equipment by speaking with Aelina in Revenant's Toll.
The Flurry Robe and Ice Shield appear as well for the armor portion of the set. The Ice Shield offers half damage from Ice attacks, while the Ice Lance teaches Dragoons Ice Breath. The Icebrand teaches Moogle Knights Moogle Aid and the Chill Rod teaches Black Mages, Blizzaga.
- Hoarfrost Flute
- Hoarfrost Mace
- Hoarfrost Whipblade
- Hoarfrost Spear
- Hoarfrost Saber
- Hoarfrost Daggers
- Glacies Prima, Vol. I
- Glacies Prima, Vol. II
- Glacies Secunda, Vol. I
- Glacies Secunda, Vol. II
- Glacies Tertia, Vol. I
- Glacies Tertia, Vol. II
- Glacies Essentia
- Glacies Veritas
- Glacies Magnum
- Glacies Divinum
- Glacies Codex
- Tome of Shiva
Frost Mail, Shield, Armlets, Helm, and Sash all provide Resist Cold +1 and represent the Ice equipment.
Frost Helm, Frost Visor, Blue Cone Hat, Blue Magic Hat, Blue Clothes, Blue Outfit, Frost Armor, Blue Bard Garb, Blue Robe, and Frost Plate all make up the Ice equipment.
Ice Staff, Icicle Club, and Ice Lance are the representatives of Ice equipment, all being low-rank weapons. The Frost Helm, Blue Hat, Frost Armor, and Blue Clothes represent the armor aspect of the set.
The Ice Sword, Ice Shield and Ice Armor are the only instances of Ice equipment, and are all high ranked pieces of equipment.
The weapon called Ice has a sword icon before its name. It can be bought for 17000 GP in Edo and Final Town. It has 40 use, it also increases a Robot's HP by 81 and increases their Str by 18. The damage formula for Ice is the user's Str x12 and deals Ice-elemental damage.
The armor called Ice has a shield icon before its name. It can be bought in Race Circuit for 17000 GP. It has 30 uses, blocks melee and Ston with 80% chance of success, adds 81 HP to Robots, and increases their Def by 18. It also provides resistance to Fire.
The Ice Shield is the only piece of ice equipment.
Due to the elemental system used, all ice-elemental equipment are water-elemental instead.
List of Water equipment:
- Blue Shot
- Book of Shiva
- Flowing Harp
- Frost Bull
- Ice Pick
- Ice Shield
- Ocean Staff
- Shark Lance
- Spring Gauntlets
- Stream Cape
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)[edit | edit source]
- The Ice Shield is a level 22 shield that increases Defense by 18 and reduces Wall Rush HP damage by 20%.
- Ice Armor is a level 23 heavy armor that increases HP by 974 and reduces Physical damage by 10%.
- The Icebrand is a level 22 sword that boosts Attack by 18 and increases initial Bravery by 20%.
- The Ice Rod is a level 24 rod that increases HP by 115, gives 17 Attack, 1 Defense and increases Magic damage by 10%.
- The Ice Shield can grant the player with a defense of 21 and an extra 5% Wall Rush HP Defense. It can only be purchased at some Moogle Shops and it costs 200 KP.
- The Icebrand is a sword that gives the player with an attack power of 22 and increases Initial Bravery by 20%. It costs 200 KP in order to purchase at the Moogle Shop.
- The Ice Lance gives the character with a deduction of 231 HP, an increase of attack power by 26 and decreases character's defense by 2 and it grants a 20% Wall Rush BRV Damage. Costs 200 KP to purchase at the Moogle Shop.
- The Ice Rod increases character's HP by 231, decreases Bravery by 52, increases attack power by 22 and defense power by 2. Grants additional Magic Damage by 3%. Costs 200 KP to purchase at the Moogle Shop.
- The Snowscepter is a staff, it increases character's Bravery by 25 and Attack Power by 20. Adds 5% in EX Mode Duration. It also costs 200 KP to purchase at the Moogle Shop.
- The Ice Armor is a heavy armor, it increases character's HP by 1386 and decreases BRV by 26. It costs 200 KP to purchase at the Moogle Shop.
There are two pieces of ice equipment: Ice Brand and Frost Rod.
Ice Shield from Final Fantasy IV is a Rarity 3 shield.
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances[edit | edit source]
The ice element is treated as water.
The ice element is treated as water.