- Frostburnt daemon that thrives in the thermal extremes opposite its fiery relative, savoring the chill in the night air. Its low-temperature temperament does not prevent it from losing its cool and detonating.
- Size: 3.11 ft. Weight: 504.6 lb.
- A cold wind blows outside Greyshire Grotto as a cryogenic horde congeals around Callatein's Plunge.
- Size: 3.15 ft. Weight: 510.1 lb.
- Species born from the frozen ashes of a crynoade explosion. It exhibits the peculiar metamorphosing characteristic of bomb daemons, a phenomenon yet to be explained by science.
- Size: 3.18 ft. Weight: 514.3 lb.
|Cool Callatein Mist||Lestallum – Surgate's Beanmine||1||Ice Bomb x5||Callatein's Plunge (Nighttime)||22||3,380 gil, Megalixir||★★|
Level 22 enemy
Level 49 enemy
Ice Bomb uses Ice-elemental magical attacks capable of inflicting Frozen status. They are weak to Fire-elemental attacks, as well as one-handed swords and daggers. The Ice Bombs spawned by exploded Cryonades die when the Cryonade that summoned them is defeated. Ice Bombs grow when not being attacked, and at their peak explode to deal area damage.
The player should aim to kill bomb-type enemies quickly before they detonate. If the bombs were spawned by a Cryonade, the player should target the Cryonade.
Fire attacks work well, and the player can engulf groups of Ice Bombs with Elemancy. Character-swapping to Ignis allows the use of elemental dagger attacks, and Ignis also learns a Technique that imbues Noctis's weapon with the element the target is weak against. Prompto's Tundra Attire protects against Ice-elemental attacks. Other means of Ice protection are Warm Inners and Ice Crest accessories, the Ice Bomb itself dropping the latter. Equipping for elevated Spirit makes the party take less damage from bombs' attacks, which are magical.
bomb is an explosive weapon that uses the exothermic reaction of an explosive material to provide an extremely sudden and violent release of energy.A
- Bomber: Ice Bomb fishing lure is fashioned after this enemy.
- The official guide erroneously lists bomb-type enemies as dropping elemental protection accessories rather than car paint pigment materials. The guide also says they take 3x fire damage whereas the in-game bestiary says 3x.