- All-seeing daemon that watches over Daurell Caverns. While resembling a flan in appearance, the hecteyes lacks the former's resistance to physical and elemental attacks while possessing the unique ability to project spectral energy, indicating the similarities are only skin deep.
- Size: 9.44 ft. Weight: 8.46 t
- Specimen of origin unknown on the loose in Altissia. Its capabilities far exceed those of its Lucian relatives, and some scientists postulate it may have migrated to foreign shores of its own accord.
- Size: 9.48 ft. Weight: 8.67 t
- The mightiest of hecteyes oversees Keycatrich Trench. Its bright beam pierces the darkness, a beacon to warn any denizens that might trespass on its dominion.
- Size: 9.67 ft. Weight: 8.89 t
|A Nightmare Upon the Water||Altissia||1||Hecteyes x2||Altissia (Nighttime)||20||3,280 gil, Megalixir||★★|
Lvl 20 Enemy
Lvl 55 Enemy
Hecteyes uses both physical and magical attacks. It is weak to polearms and shields. They use long-range spinning magical laser attacks that hit a wide area. Their eyes flash, disorienting the party members near to them and inflicting them with Confusion. When the Hecteyes begins to bounce, it is about to flash its multiple eyes. Though they look pretty much the same from any angle, the player can get blindside bonus by hitting their backside. They are slow and not particularly durable.
Protecting against Confusion with accessories or food that grants Resilient helps. However, Hecteyes tends to die fast, so the player can make do without status protection and go for a quick kill. The player can poison them.
"Hecto" or "Hecta" is a prefix used in the metric system to denote a factor of one hundred.