It is recommended that you clear Ch. 6: Domina Wastelands before playing.
- Edge: We're being followed. I don't sense any hostility though.
- Mog: Kupo?
- Zidane: Yeah, you can come out now.
- ???: Wait. I confess I was watching you, but I mean no harm.
- ???: Besides, it would be foolish of me to pick a fight with a band of skilled warriors such as yourselves. Surely, you wouldn't hurt a man of peace, either?
- Warrior of Light: You seem lightly equipped for someone traveling these lands alone.
- ???: A wandering minstrel such as myself has no need for any more than what's necessary to survive.
- Onion Knight: Right... And do bards usually spy on people, too?
- ???: I had to make sure you weren't a bevy of ladies after my heart.
- ???: Besides, I am unfamiliar with these lands, so I'd prefer to remain careful.
- Onion Knight: Yeah...I guess I'd do the same thing if I were in your shoes.
- Onion Knight: Our journey has just made us a little distrusting of others. That's all.
- Onion Knight: Anyway, you're a bard, right? Sing us something.
- Mog: Good idea, kupo! I wanna hear a song!
- Thancred: They call me Thancred.
- Thancred: And while I wish I could humbly honor your request, I only sing sweet whispers of love to the ladies. I fear I haven't a song in my repertoire for your lot.
- Thancred: Well, I apologize for bothering you. Now if you would be so kind as to excuse me.
- Zidane: Can you believe that guy?
- Edge: Yeah, what a disgrace to the profession.
- Mog: But I sensed the light in him, kupo.
- Warrior of Light: Then I suppose we will cross paths again one day.
- Thancred: Oh, if it isn't that moogle and his friends.
(Thancred approaches the party)
- Thancred: So we meet again. Glad to see you are doing well.
- Mog: Kupo!? It's the bard from earlier!
- Thancred: Excellent, you remember me.
- Rem: Who's that?
- Terra: I have no idea.
- Thancred: Ah, it seems there are a few new faces. Why didn't you tell me you were traveling with such beautiful ladies?
- Thancred: I would have prepared a song.
- Y'shtola: Go on. We do not mind waiting. Besides, it would make a good story for when we return home.
(Y'shtola and Yda arrive)
- Yda: Yeah, if everyone isn't already fed up with Thancred, that is!
- Thancred: Y'shtola!? Yda!?
- Thancred: I searched all over for you two.
- Y'shtola: Oh, really? It certainly didn't sound like it.
- Thancred: I wandered the continent as a bard in search of someone I recognized. I sought information on this world.
- Thancred: And I am of the mind that music is merely a tool to get people to open up.
- Thancred: After all, love makes us closer. Wouldn't you agree, milady? How about I play a song to show you what I mean?
- Terra: I'm sorry. I, uh... I don't really know what to say.
- Thancred: Well, even a good marksman may miss sometimes.
- Terra: ...?
- Yda: Thancred, stop. You're making Terra uncomfortable.
- Thancred: My apologies. That wasn't my intention, love.
- Y'shtola: What will you do now?
- Thancred: Well... It is a relief to see you two. Would you mind if I accompanied you?
- Warrior of Light: But you are a bard, are you not? I would assume combat to be outside your realm of expertise.
- Thancred: Not exactly.
(Thancred quickly defeats a Desert Sahagin)
- Thancred: The world has become a dangerous place. Even a traveling minstrel needs to be able to take care of himself.
- Warrior of Light: Impressive. You are evidently no stranger to the battlefield.
- Thancred: What can I say? I am a man with many skills.
- Yda: Thancred's a fellow member of our group, the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. I can vouch for him.
- Mog: I'm all for having another, friend, kupo! Especially one that's been blessed by the light!
- Thancred: Blessed by the light?
- Rem: You could say it means you're one of us.
- Thancred: I see. There is unquestionably much more I need to learn about this world. Anyway, it is an honor to make your acquaintance.
- Thancred: Torsions...was it? There are quite a number of them, aren't there?
- Rem: And this is only the beginning. They're appearing all over the world even as we speak.
- Terra: You don't have to force yourself to help if you don't want to.
- Thancred: I couldn't run away and leave you with all the work, my dear. Besides, it is not like I have anywhere else to be.
- Edge: Thancred, be honest with me. Are you really just a bard?
- Thancred: What, still don't trust me?
- Edge: No, it's not that. I'm just amazed by how well you carry yourself in battle.
- Thancred: Heh, I appreciate the flattery.
- Edge: That's why it's hard to believe you're nothing more than a bard.
- Edge: Or was that singing sweet whispers stuff all a lie?
- Y'shtola: Oh, it is anything but falsehood. As I recall—
- Thancred: Y-Y'shtola, I'm afraid to ask what you are about to say.
- Y'shtola: You fear I will tell anecdotes of the array of women you've seduced? Or perhaps tales of a time before you took up the blade?
- Edge: That many women, huh? Nice.
- Thancred: Y-you jest, surely?
- Thancred: I was not misleading you when I said I was a bard who sings of love.
- Thancred: I daresay you still may not trust me, but I assure you I will not act to your detriment.
- Edge: Come on, I never said I didn't trust you. Anyway, we're counting on you.
- Thancred: And I, on you all. It is truly an honor to fight alongside such seasoned warriors.
- Yda: Hey, Thancred, I don't mean to interrupt, but...
- Thancred: What is it?
(The party notices Rem and Terra)
- Rem: ...Seducing an array of women? Do you think Y'shtola was being serious?
- Terra: I don't know, but...
(Rem and Terra notice Thancred and back away)
- Thancred: Why are you backing away!?
- Y'shtola: Oh dear. Instinct is a marvelous gift.
- Thancred: Come on, you know I am no scoundrel. Tell them.
- Edge: Heh, can't wait to hear about all these babes you got with! Fill me in on the details later, okay?
- Thancred: Aye, very well...