Harpeia is a family of enemies in Final Fantasy XI. They are immune to Damage Spikes and weak to Piercing.
- Lofty Harpeia
- Paramount Harpeia
- Tangata Manu
Even the normal attacks of these monsters count as special attacks, striking multiple players within range. Furthermore, they are potent spellcasters, capable of casting enfeebling and elemental magics to hinder and harm their foes, and may even have special job ability as well.
- Kaleidoscopic Fury: Area of effect damage that resets all job ability timers to their maximum, gives all stats down, and a Dia effect.
- Keraunos Quill: Area of effect damage, Paralyze status, and a special Encumbrance that only affects main weapon and offhand weapon/shield slots.
- Ravenous Wail: Area of effect high damage to both HP and MP, as well as Terror and Silence status.
- Rending Talons: Physical damage and Knockback to one target.
- Shrieking Gale: Area of effect damage, Knockback, and dispels multiple positive status.
- Typhoean Rage: Area of effect Encumbrance and Muddle status.
- Wings of Agony: Area of effect high damage that inflicts incurable Paralyze and Sleep that damage will not wake you from.
- Wings of Woe: Area of effect high damage that inflicts incurable Plague and Slow status.
harpy was a female monster in the form of a bird with a human face. They steal food from their victims while they are eating and carry evildoers (especially those who have killed their family) to the Erinyes. They seem originally to have been wind spirits. Their name means "snatchers".In Greek and Roman mythology, a