The Great Gubal Library is a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. It is the last leveling dungeon in Heavensward.
Story[edit | edit source]
Built by the learned men and women of Sharlayan, the Great Gubal Library is the grandest repository of knowledge in all of Eorzea. Lining its towering shelves are tomes beyond count, gathered from the farthest reaches of the realm. Like the city-state, however, the library was abandoned by its caretakers when they fled to their motherland in the face of Garlean invasion.In-game description.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Defeat the demon tome.
- Defeat Byblos.
- Defeat the Everliving Bibliotaph.
Progression[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Gubal Falcon
- Sentient Inkhorn
- Sentient Tome
- Demon Tome
- Page 64
- Pseudo Sprite
- Spine Duster
- Tomeshifter Imp
- Vodoriga Biblioclast
- The Everliving Bibliotaph
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
"Ink Long Dry" plays at all times except during boss battles. "To the Fore" plays while fighting the Demon Tome and Byblos, while "Ominous Prognisticks" plays during the battle with The Everliving Bibliotaph.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dungeon and many of its monsters are a throwback to the Library of the Ancients in Final Fantasy V.
- Great Gubal Library is one of only two leveling dungeons to have an item level sync, introduced in patch 3.1, the other being Castrum Abania. This is due to the fact that the dungeon level syncs to 60, allowing level 60 players to bring in powerful endgame Heavensward equipment. The item level sync prevents their equipment from trivializing the dungeon or leaving the level 59 players behind.
- Dotted around the library are several books that players can read, providing background information on various topics. The following books can be read:
- "On Garlean Hierarchy Volume 1" - information on the various titles that denote one's place in Garlean society.
- "On Garlean Hierarchy Volume 2" - further information on Garlean titles, including those used by regular Garlean citizens and subjects in conquered territories.
- "Essences & Permutations" - details on the relationship between the six elements.
- "Over the Horizon" - background on the discovery of The New World by Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn and the League of Lost Bastards, as well as their first encounter with the Mamool Ja and the continent's other indigenous inhabitants.
- Players can also find a Leather-bound Diary in the School of Fantastics, in which the author writes about their fascination with Lady Amandine, as well as their plans to summon a Succubus. Another diary found nearby records the author's terrified reaction after carrying out the summoning.