Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Governess of Time page!
Governess of Time is a time-limited event where Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Kefka: Those blasted humans... How dare they harm my adorable Blackened Wills!?
- Kefka: They'll pay for this! I will have my revenge yet!
- Ultimecia: Calm down.
- Kefka: Huh?
(Kefka turns to Ultimecia)
- Kefka: Wellllll, if it isn't Madam Sorceress! What brings you here?
- Kefka: Not that I can help. I'm a bit busy, so if you could kindly BUZZ OFF, I'd be much obliged!
- Ultimecia: Materia's warriors grow stronger by the day.
- Ultimecia: It would be unwise of you to attack them head-on again.
- Kefka: You ruin all my fun! Well then, what's your bright idea?
- Ultimecia: Their power stems from will. You need only manipulate that.
- Kefka: Yikes! Your face says you're up to no good!
- Leon: Are you alright, Noel? Can you hear that woman's voice again?
- Noel: You mean Ultimecia? No, not at all...
- Selphie: Seems like she's given up. That's a relief!
- Leon: There is nothing for you to fear. We are here for you.
- Noel: You're right.
(A Magitek Armor arrives)
- Selphie: A monster! I'll get rid of it on the double!
(Selphie defeats the Magitek Armor, but another arrives)
- Selphie: Another one!?
- Selphie: Alrighty! I guess we just need to clean this one up, too!
(The party continues to battle but they are overwhelmed)
- Selphie: They sure are persistent... Just how many are there?
- Noel: This is weird. It was calm until just a minute ago...
- Leon: It appears something is summoning them.
- Leon: And this aura... It feels like the Emperor...
(The Magitek Armor are defeated by Ultimecia)
- Ultimecia: You seem to be in a difficult spot. Allow me to aid you.
- Noel: It's you!
- Selphie: No way! YOU rescued us!? Why!?
(Another pair of Magitek Armor arrives)
- Leon: If she is not here to fight us, let us get our answers later. We must deal with these enemies first.
- Ultimecia: The battle is won.
- Ultimecia: You did well, children of light. You are stronger than before.
- Relm: Umm... Thanks for your help?
- Relm: But I don't get it. Aren't you that quiet guy's enemy?
- Squall: ...Why are you helping us?
- Ultimecia: I have no intention of fighting you here and now.
- Ultimecia: I've been detested since birth as an evil sorceress. I spent my entire life alone and unloved.
- Ultimecia: Can you fathom my loneliness?
- Balthier: We don't have time for long-winded explanations.
- Ultimecia: ...You understand, don't you? Solitude eats away at you...
- Ultimecia: You found hope in talking to me, did you not?
- Ultimecia: I am the same...
- Noel: ......
- Squall: Don't listen to her.
- Ultimecia: You leave me with no choice...
- Ultimecia: I cannot imagine you will believe me so easily. Take this.
- Mog: Y-your dimensional coordinates, kupo!?
- Squall: What!?
- Ultimecia: I want you to know the true me...
- Ultimecia: I will lend you my strength, whenever you so desire.
(Ultimecia leaves via Torsion)
- Relm: The "true" her? Is there some kind of misunderstanding?
- Squall: ...No. This must be a trap.
- Balthier: This is not unprecedented... Let us use what we can.
- Balthier: But we should prepare ourselves for when she shows her true colors.
- Squall: You don't understand anything!
- Balthier: It's natural I don't understand anything of your world.
- Balthier: But I understand that in this world, we can fight side-by-side with our enemies.
- Noel: I know it must be hard for you to hear, but...
- Noel: She really saved us.
- Relm: That's for sure.
- Squall: ...Whatever.
- Mog: I took it without thinking, kupo...
- Balthier: We just need to get used to it.
- Balthier: We had best prepare ourselves for anything that can come our way.
- Balthier: But understand this, Noel: this doesn't mean we support that sorceress.
- Noel: I understand. We're just "using" her...
(Ultimecia defeats a pack of Wolves)
- Rydia: I have to admit...her magic is incredible.
- Zell: Don't be fooled, Rydia! That's just what she wants you to think!
- Rydia: Is it?
(Ultimecia approaches the party)
- Ultimecia: What seems to be the matter over here?
- Seifer: Don't play dumb. I know what you're up to.
- Seifer: Ever since you arrived, monsters have been appearing like crazy.
- Zell: That's right! You're just putting on an act, aren't you!?
- Squall: (Wow, sharp...)
- Ultimecia: ...Your accusations are disheartening. I see you do not trust me yet.
- Noel: You've saved us. That much I know for sure.
- Noel: But I also know that you're an enemy to Squall and his friends...
- Zell: Yeah! I might not remember you at all, but...
- Zell: I know you're up to something!
- Seifer: I dedicated myself to being your knight and you betrayed me. There's no way I could ever trust you.
- Squall: (...He's right.)
- Ultimecia: ...I understand.
- Ultimecia: But remember this: my heart is always on your side.
(Ultimecia exits via Torsion)
- Noel: The lonely sorceress... Squall's enemy...
- Noel: But she saved me from my own solitude. I don't understand her goal...
- Seifer: Hmph. She's trying to trick us.
- Zell: Even though I can't remember her, I feel so annoyed! Just how bad will it be when I actually remember!?
- Rydia: Calm down, you two.
- Squall: (Just what is Ultimecia planning...?)
- Kefka: Welcome back, Madam Sorceress!
- Kefka: I saw it all! From beginning to end!
- Kefka: Getting their sympathy, taking advantage of their kind hearts! You are, indeed, a cunning sorceress!
- Ultimecia: I have no need to be understood by you.
- Kefka: Yes, yes! I get it!
- Kefka: You'll get them to lower their guard, then hit them where it hurts most!
- Ultimecia: I would have accomplished my goal had they not been there...
- Kefka: Oho! You mean...time compression?
- Ultimecia: You and I are different, clown. I did not destroy everything.
- Ultimecia: Nevertheless, the world sees me as evil because of those children...
- Kefka: Wow, how outrageous! Isn't being despised just the greatest?
- Kefka: You're so full of hate and sadness! You really are scary!
- Ultimecia: ...But the eyes of that boy who said he believes me...
- Ultimecia: Hmph... It's just my imagination.