Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Golden Amulet is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that doubles LP-gain for the wearer. It is one of the most useful accessories in the game, and can be equipped onto reserve party members so they can still gain LP at an expedited rate even when not taking part in battle. Golden Amulet is considered metallic for the purposes of the Magnetize debuff present in the Vinuskar boss battle.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, Golden Amulet is bought for 4,500 gil from Lowtown's South Sprawl (after meeting Anastasis), from Eruyt Village (after obtaining Lente's Tear), from Mt Bur-Omisace, and from Mosphoran Highwaste.

It is found as a treasure in Ozmone Plain's The Shred (the side where Henne Mines' entrance is; 45% chance to appear, 55% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Golden Amulet without the Diamond Armlet Map 29 Ozmone Plain), Henne Mines' Phase 1 Dig (southeastern dead-end; 48% chance to appear, 30% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Golden Amulet without the Diamond Armlet Map 15 Henne Mines), Cerobi Steppe's North Liavell Hills (50% chance to appear, 65% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Golden Amulet without the Diamond Armlet Map 04 Cerobi Steppe), and Nabreus Deadlands' Vale of Lingering Sorrow (southwest corner; 80% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Golden Amulet without the Diamond Armlet Map 21 NabreusDeadlands).

It is made in the bazaar in the "Gilt Phylactery" pack for selling one Tattered Garment, obtained from the Scythe Mantis as a monograph drop or a rare poach.

Golden Amulet is a reward for the hunt for Enkelados.

Golden Amulet is a possible reward for the "patient in the desert" quest in Dalmasca Estersand. Depending on how many items are brought to aid the traveler, the player receives a Balance Mote, Magick Gloves or a Golden Amulet. The best items to give are: x1 Cactus Flower, x5 Semclam Shells, x2 Phials of Nebralim, x3 Valeblossom Dew and x1 Great Serpentskin. If the player finds all 13 items, the patient will be a moogle and Vaan will get the Barheim Key and a Golden Amulet.

As the Golden Amulet is so widely available, the player can easily get six Golden Amulets to equip for every party member, active and reserve members alike, if desired.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, Golden Amulet is less readily available and is no longer sold in shops, though it sells for 2,250 gil. It is found in a treasure in Ogir-Yensa Sandsea's Platform 1 - Refinery (always appears), Feywood's White Magick's Embrace (always appears), and Subterra's Penumbra - South (70% chance to appear, 80% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Golden Amulet without the Diamond Armlet), as well as in Trial Mode Stage 77 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It is still made in the bazaar in the "Gilt Phylactery" set with the same requirements as before, and is a reward for the hunt for Enkelados. It is still a possible reward from the "Patient in the Desert" quest by fetching all possible items.

Golden Amulet can now also be obtained through the Hunt Club quest on the Phon Coast by giving Stok 15 Rare Game trophies and then buying it from the Shifty-Eyed Merchant's store nearby.

Use[]

FFXII-HD-Licence-Board.png

Golden Amulet is one of the most useful accessories as it allows the player to quickly fill out their License Board(s). When the player only has one or a few, they can be equipped to reserve party members so the active party can still wear accessories that benefit them in battle. It is worth trying to find one at the earliest opportunity.

Advertisement