The Gold Saucer Area is a region of the world map in Final Fantasy VII. It is located on the western continent, and shares a border with five other areas. In the center of the Gold Saucer Area is the Corel Desert, which surrounds Corel Prison, and above Corel Prison is the Gold Saucer. Gold Saucer is accessed via a ropeway from North Corel.
The Gold Saucer is connected to the Corel Area via a river with shallow enough water for the buggy to cross, and Mt. Corel whose foot North Corel sits, providing a path through. A river separates it from both the Gongaga Area and Cosmo Area, although the river can be crossed into the Gongaga Area via buggy. Mountains also separate it from the Nibel Area and North Corel Area. The mountain separating it from the Nibel Area contains Lucrecia's Cave, which is hidden behind a waterfall.
The Corel Desert cannot be traversed on foot, and requires a buggy or certain chocobos. If one goes to the center of Corel Prison with the buggy, they can enter the Corel Desert field area where can fight Land Worm and Cactuar, but at this time the player cannot return to Corel Prison and can only exit back onto the world map.
When Ultimate Weapon starts roaming the world, above North Corel is one place where it can stop. The actual encounter appears to take place on the ground by the Corel Reactor.
After defeating the Ultimate Weapon (and engaging in one more battle), Ruby Weapon appears in the desert. Colliding with it in Highwind or chocobo will set off an encounter. At first just its head will stick out the sand, but after engaging with it, it emerges from the sand, and if one escapes, it remains that way until one enters the field.
- [22/64] Spencer x3, Flapbeat[note 1]
- [21/64] Flapbeat x3
- [21/64] Joker x2
- [8/64] Joker, Flapbeat x2 (Back attack)
- Chocobo tracks
- [3/16] Chocobo (LV29) (Row 1), Flapbeat x2 (Row 2)
- [3/16] Spencer x2, Chocobo (LV29)[note 2]
- [5/16] Flapbeat x2 (Row 1), Chocobo (LV22) (Row 2)
- [5/16] Chocobo (LV22), Harpy
- Corel Desert
- [32/64] Harpy
- [32/64] Flapbeat x4[note 3]
- Ruby Weapon (Boss) (can be engaged on the world map after defeating Ultimate Weapon and then fighting one random battle)
- [16/64] Grangalan (Grangalan Jr., (Grangalan Jr. Jr.))[note 4]
- [16/64] Beachplug x3
- [16/64] Beachplug x4[note 5]
- [16/64] Beachplug x3 (Side Attack!)
- Above North Corel
- Ultimate Weapon (boss) (if it settles above it, and engaging it with a Highwind)
- Covered by Spencer A
- Covered by Spencer A and Spencer B
- Flapbeat B is covered by Flapbeat A; Flapbeat C is covered by Flapbeat D
- Grangalan Jr. is covered by Grangalan Jr.Jr. A; Grangalan is covered by Grangalan Jr.Jr. A, Grangalan Jr.
- Beachplug D is covered by Beachplug B