Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

The Goggle Mask is a mid-ranked light armor headgear in Final Fantasy XII that boosts the wearer's magickal defense by 28 (Zodiac) or 25 (original), and HP by 270, and makes the wearer immune to Blind.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Goggle Mask is sold for 4,900 gil in Rabanastre and Nalbina Fortress after defeating Judge Bergan. It very rarely drops from Dragon Aevis.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Goggle Mask is sold for 4,900 gil in Mosphoran Highwaste after defeating Judge Bergan, and in Phon Coast. It is found in a treasure in Tchita Uplands' Uazcuff Hills (30% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Goggle Mask without the Diamond Armlet equipped), and in Trial Mode Stage 91 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It still very rarely drops from the Dragon Aevis.

Use[]

The Goggle Mask is a mid-ranked light armor hat, giving 25 or 28 magick resist depending on version, 270 HP, and immunizing the wearer against Blind. It is useful to equip over any inferior equipment the party may have, as well as for the status protection effect as alternative to the Argyle Armlet or gambits for Eye Drops or Blindna. In the original version where everyone can wear any equipment piece, the more expensive heavy armor helms, Close Helmet or Bone Helm, or the mystic hat Black Cowl, may be preferable purchases if the player can stretch their funds to them, as the HP boost from light armor is not usually worth prioritizing over heavy armor that boosts Strength for physical attackers, or mystic armor that boosts Magick Power for spellcasters.

In the Zodiac versions, Machinist, Monk, Archer, and Shikari can equip the Goggle Mask, and so it is only useful to buy if the player has chosen these License Boards for their party. In The Zodiac Age, after fighting Belias, the player can choose two License Boards per party member, and so more party members can choose from the potentially more useful heavy and mystic armor sets.

Advertisement