I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
To brawl is human, to crush your foes to a pulp: divine.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift description
The Godhand (ゴッドハンド, Goddohando?), also known as Godhands, God's Hand, or Hand of the Gods, is a recurring weapon in the Final Fantasy series. It is usually among the stronger weapons for Monks. In a few games it has a Holy attribute to it.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy IV
- 1.2 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.3 Final Fantasy VII
- 1.4 Final Fantasy X
- 1.5 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.6 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- 1.7 Final Fantasy Type-0
- 1.8 Bravely Second: End Layer
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.10 Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)
- 1.11 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.12 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.13 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.14 Final Fantasy Explorers
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.16 Mobius Final Fantasy
- 2 Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Etymology
- 5 Trivia
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Claw immersed in holy power.
The Godhand (also called Hand of the Gods) is Yang's strongest weapon in the Advance and The Complete Collection releases. It is found in the Cave of Trials, guarded by Storm Dragon. It increases Strength, Agility, and Stamina by 10, increases Defense by 7, and is Holy-elemental.
Godhand is a weapon for Yang and Ursula, and provides no Attack, just like all other claws, but also provides 40% Accuracy and +10 to Strength and Speed. It is Holy-elemental, and can be found in the Subterrane.
Legendary fighting knuckles imbued with holy might.
The Godhand is Sabin's ultimate weapon in the Advance and following releases, dropped from Earth Dragon in Dragons' Den. It has an attack power of 220, increases Speed and Stamina by 3, Strength by 7, and is Holy-elemental.
The Godhand is Rikku's Celestial Weapon. It can be found in a ravine in the Mushroom Rock Road accessible after inputting the code "GODHAND" on the airship. When fully upgraded with the Mercury Crest and Mercury Sigil (Venus Crest and Venus Sigil in some versions), it has the Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Gillionaire, and Double AP abilities. Godhand ignores target's Defense.
It deals more damage the closer Rikku is to her max HP with the following formula:
- (10 + [100 * User's current HP ÷ User's Max HP]) ÷ 110
The Mercury/Venus Crest is found in a treasure chest in a shifting sand pit in the final area of Bikanel Desert. To obtain the Mercury/Venus Sigil, the player must complete the cactuar sidequest on Bikanel Island, which is available after gaining the airship.
Godhands is a hand-to-hand weapon that provides +197 damage, +138 Delay, Magic Damage +155, Hand-to-Hand skill +269, Guarding skill +269, Magic Accuracy Skill +228, Store TP +10, and TP Bonus +500. Its Aftermath increases skillchain potency and magic burst potency as well as Ultimate Skillchain.
It deals +38.25 damage per second and accumulates +10 TP per hit. It allows use of the Weapon Skill Shijin Spiral at 5/5 potency as long as the weapon is equipped, without needing to put any Merit Points into it. It can be equipped by level 99 Monk and Puppetmaster. It can be obtained in the "Aeonic Weapons" quest and Mog Bonanza upon redemption of a Mog Kupon W-A119.
Knuckles known as the "Hands of the Creator."
The Godhand can be equipped by White Monks and Gadgeteers. It is not an especially powerful weapon, though it does teach the White Monk Far Fist and is a Holy weapon. It is obtained from the mission "The Match". It provides +39 to Attack, +3 to Magic Power, +1 to Speed, and +5 to Evade.
Godhand is a high-ranked weapon that provides +39 Attack, +1 Speed, +4 Evasion, and +3 Magick, as well as teaching Aurablast to White Monks and Helm Smash to Berserkers. It can be bought for 1,500 gil in the shop after creating it in the Bazaar after using a Holy Stone, Adamantite, and Unpurified Ether.
Knuckles crafted to resemble the hands of the brawling monk Barras Lehr.
The question of who commissioned and created a weapon of such uncompromisingly bad taste will likely forever remain a mystery.
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)[edit | edit source]
|Additional stats: Accuracy +95|
Burst Soul Break: Perdition's Phoenix (Sabin), ATK +10 when mastered
The gloves of a champion from another world. The higher one's HP, the greater the damage.
A fist weapon that came from the faraway world of Vana'diel. Those who use these fists gain great attack power, and are able to use its special move, the "shijin spiral."
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances[edit | edit source]
The Godhand is a 2-handed knuckle within the Forsaken Dungeon. It provides 77 Weapon Atk, 4 Durability, +10 Defense, -3 Speed, and -3 Consumption Rate.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Hand of God" motif is a hand with no body attached, appearing in Jewish and Christian art, especially of the Late Antique and Early Medieval periods when depiction of God as a human figure was considered unacceptable. The hand indicates intervention in or approval of affairs on Earth by God. It is an artistic metaphor not intended to indicate an actual hand is physically present and functions as symbol of either God's presence or the voice of God, or signifying God's acceptance of a sacrifice.The "
Alternately, it may be inspired by the founder of Kyokushin Karate, Masutatsu Oyama, whose intense training and career as a martial artist allowed him to display incredible feats of strength and martial arts skill, earning him the nickname of the Godhand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A character called Godhand appears in the Square Co., Ltd. published game, Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring.
- Leá Monde's most advanced weapons and armor workshop, Godhands, is available in a New Game Plus playthrough of Square's Vagrant Story.
- In Seiken Densetsu 3, Godhand refers to the Light-most class of Kevin. It is a class said to exude sacred power due to its focus of perfection over one's being, and hence expands into the Light Monk path's focus on inner strength, including promoting the strategic end of the prominent use of Techs through the spell of Aura Wave. The Godhand class bestows Kevin with the level 3 Techs of the Byakko Shockwave, a multi-targeting attack that gathers sacred energy to blast all opposition, and the Stardust Bomb, a unique close Tech that has him grab the opponent before slamming them down with a stellar-reaching powerbomb. Their ultimate weapon is that of the Spiral Claw, a prismatic crystal-bladed knuckle made for the purpose of piercing through defenses.