Final Fantasy Wiki

The Glimmering Robes is a top tier mystic armor in Final Fantasy XII that boosts the wearer's Defense by 59 (Zodiac) or 39 (original), Magick Power by 12, and—unusually for a mystic armor piece—Vitality by 10. In the Zodiac versions, it also gives 120 MP. The Glimmering Robes is a good contender for endgame gear.



In the original PlayStation 2 version, the Glimmering Robes is sold for 16,000 gil in the Barheim Passage after the party has the Treaty-Blade. It is also found as a treasure in Great Crystal's Uldobi Phullam Udiipraa (always appears, 80% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is the Glimmering Robes with the Diamond Armlet equipped Map 46 The Great Crystal).

It is rarely stolen from the Crystal Knight. Equipping Thief's Cuffs makes stealing easier.


In the updated Zodiac versions, the Glimmering Robes is not sold in shops, but sells for 8,000 gil. It is a treasure in Lhusu Mines' Site 5 (always appears), and in Cerobi Steppe's The Northsward (20% chance to appear, 80% chance for gil, 5% chance the item treasure is the Glimmering Robes with the Diamond Armlet equipped). It is still a rare steal from the Crystal Knight, and now is also the uncommon steal from Chaos in Trial Mode Stage 84.


Glimmering Robes is a top tier mystic armor, second only to the Lordly Robes, giving 59 or 39 Defense depending on version, 12 Magick Power, and 10 Vitality, as well as 120 MP in the Zodiac versions. Mystic armor offer magick-related bonuses that affect all types of magickal actions, from casting black magick to damage an enemy, to casting white magick to heal the party. Magick Power is also a factor when determining damage dealt by katana, staves, and maces. The Vitality bonus affects status-infliction success and duration, but also affects damage from axes, hammers, and hand-bombs. However, in the Zodiac versions, the Foebreaker board that uses these weapons does not unlock mystic armor.

In the Zodiac versions, White Mage, Red Battlemage, Black Mage, and Bushi can equip it, and so the Glimmering Robes is only useful to look for if the player has chosen any of these License Boards for their party. In The Zodiac Age versions, after fighting Belias the player can choose two License Boards per party member; it is usually a good idea to pair jobs that use two different types of armor for versatility.

The Glimmering Robes is a good contender for endgame gear for a spellcaster. In the Zodiac versions, the party could get it as soon as they can enter the deeper parts of Lhusu Mines, after reaching Phon Coast's Hunters' Camp. If the player does go for it early, they can skip many mystic armors from the shops in favor of it.