Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Girded for Freedom page!
Girded for Freedom is a time-limited event where Fran from Final Fantasy XII can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Prishe: Not again...!
- Prishe: No matter which way we go, we just can't get through.
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Maria: It seems like we're in the depths of the forest now.
- Freya: Indeed. The structure has become unexpectedly complex.
- Auron: We've walked quite a distance. Have we lost anyone?
- Y'shtola: ...No. Everyone's accounted for.
- Prishe: I've had enough of this place! It's taking ages just to find the way out.
- Prishe: Let's just knock these trees down and friggin' make our own path!
- Fran: I would not do that.
- Fran: You will only anger the wood.
- Prishe: Who are you?
- Y'shtola: Are you familiar with these woods?
- Fran: These are not the woods I know. But I can show you the way out.
- Fran: Walk that way and you will be free of this place.
- Maria: Just who are you?
- Fran: You need not believe me if you wish not to do so.
- Auron: I don't feel like you would lead us astray...
- Fran: Such a feeling is for you to decide.
- Prishe: Well, let's give it a try! Not like we have any other choices!
- Freya: You make a fair point. Let us put our faith in this woman's words.
- Fran: Then I will be on my way.
- Maria: Why don't you come with us? There's safety in numbers.
- Fran: I must decline.
- Freya: ...I see. Thank you for your help.
- Maria: Are you sure? Don't you think she could be a friend of someone? Is it okay for us to just leave her?
- Y'shtola: ...I think she'll be fine on her own.
- Freya: ...Then we will take our leave. Until our paths meet again.
- Fran: Yes. Until that time...
- Vanille: Well, that was easy! And we have that woman to thank for it.
- Edgar: She sounds like an absolute beauty. I would love to thank her in person!
- Fran: It seems you made it out fine.
- Zidane: Are you the mysterious lady who helped them out?
- Balthier: Aha. So it was you, Fran.
- Cid: You know her?
- Balthier: But of course. She's my partner.
- Cid: Huh? This lady, YOUR partner?
- Vanille: If we had known you were partners, we would have brought you along!
- Fran: I did not think you one to wander the earth so.
- Fran: A sky pirate flies, doesn't he?
- Balthier: It's nice to gaze up at the heavens once in a while.
- Cid: What's the point in lyin'? Ain't got one fit for flyin' is all...
- Zidane: But if Balthier's a sky pirate...
- Vanille: And Fran's his partner, then that makes her one, too!
- Edgar: If you knew Balthier was here, why didn't you join him?
- Balthier: You did not take Materia on her word and were biding your time observing us until you were sure.
- Fran: That's right.
- Zidane: Well, if you're a friend of Balthier's, you're a friend of ours.
- Balthier: That is up to Fran to decide.
- Vanille: In any case, you really knew your way around that forest.
- Edgar: Thanks to you, we can all move forward together now.
- Edgar: It appears that beautiful flowers are blooming in the woods of your world.
- Balthier: Try as you may, Edgar, but this one is no easy prey.
- Balthier: Now then, you've probably already realized it, but it's as the goddess said: this is a different world.
- Balthier: Can you hear the voice of the wood here?
- Fran: No, I cannot. I know only the way through...
- Fran: But it seems that unwanted guests followed you out of the woods.
(Fran points to a Goblin that appeared behind them)
- Balthier: Are you certain they didn't follow you?
- Fran: Does it matter now?
- Fran: I will take care of them. Stand back.
(The rest of the party joins Balthier and Fran)
- Zidane: We'll fight with you!
- Edgar: We must repay you for showing our friends the way out of the woods.
- Vanille: That's right!
- Balthier: ...How about it, Fran? Will you join our ranks?
- Fran: I will. You are here, too, after all.
- Yda: Thanks to Fran, we were able to make it this deep into the woods!
- Yda: Now we can get back without getting lost!
- Onion Knight: That's a relief. It's dangerous wandering around here for too long.
- Garnet: I'm happy we have such a skilled ally among us now.
- Yda: I wish we had met her sooner!
(Fran and Papalymo arrive)
- Fran: Hearing such praise is pleasant. But know that I do not know my way around every forest.
- Yda: What do you mean?
- Onion Knight: The fact that you followed us without saying a word means you know the way back, right?
- Fran: I assumed the one at the front knew the way.
- Garnet: Oh no! At this rate, we'll all get lost...
- Yda: Let's go back, then! If we keep going forward, we'll forget how we got here.
- Papalymo: Fret not, Yda. I know the way back.
- Papalymo: As do you. Am I right?
- Fran: You are. My apologies for toying with you.
- Fran: There is no need to rush back. Panic will lead you down the wrong path.
- Garnet: What a relief... I'm sorry for panicking.
- Fran: But please do not assume I know everything about the woods.
- Fran: I can no longer hear the green word...
- Papalymo: It sounds like your race is able to hear the voice of the wood.
- Papalymo: Does that mean you lost the ability since leaving your home?
- Papalymo: You needn't say anything if you do not wish to.
- Fran: ...Thank you.
- Onion Knight: So what do we do now? Should we go back?
- Papalymo: There is no need for that. Both Fran and I know the way.
- Onion Knight: Then let's explore a little more. I'll lead the way!
- Yda: We're going to keep going? Well, could you let us know before we reach the point of no return!?
- Garnet: We'll do our best to help.
(The Onion Knight, Yda, and Garnet leave)
- Fran: ...A lively bunch.
- Papalymo: But they're friendly, aren't they?
- Papalymo: And you made a choice to lend us your powers when you decided to travel with us.
- Fran: ...I have no regrets. I look forward to seeing what this world has to offer.