Garula is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in the plains of Duscae as regular enemies and during Hunts. It is based on the enemy of the same name from Final Fantasy V. Wild garula are some of the few benign enemies in the game, and will only attack if provoked. They sometimes cross the road at creature crossings.
A triad of Lv.12 garula also appears in the Duscae Deathmatch and All-Star Monster Mayhem of the Totomostro. Their team name is Alstor Long Noses.
- Large quadrupedal mammal that forms herds around a matriarch. Although this gentle giant can be found all across Eos, it resides mainly in the plains of Duscae. Gentle by nature, the Garula only attacks when provoked.
- Size: 15.68 ft. Weight: 9.21 t
- Garula that got separated from its herd. A life of solitude has hardened this once gentle giant's heart. Although most garula will reunite with their original herds after a period of grazing solo, these loners are known to occasionally form new herds with other outsiders.
- Size: 15.88 ft. Weight: 9.52 t
|Reign Triumphant||Coernix Station - Alstor||4||Garulessa x1, Garula x5||Alstor Slough (Daytime)||32||5,280 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★|
|Galloping Garulas||Coernix Station - Alstor||1||Green Garula x3, Garula x3||Alstor Slough (Daytime)||12||2,010 gil, Hi-Elixir||★★|
Garula appear during daytime and do not attack the player unless provoked. When angered, they charge at the party, knocking the player down if not dodged. Their tusks can be broken off. They are weak to greatswords, firearms and the fire element. They are not difficult enemies to defeat, and are an easy source of meat for camping.
Garulas are docile, but are easily startled and will aggressively charge at Regis if he gets too close. Garulas are the only enemies in the game that do not have to be defeated to progress as they will flee off-screen after charging.
A garula appears in an Archive Highlight. There is a quest to protect a garula that is being attacked by monsters.
- Garula dung is used as fertilizer. The player can find a bag of it in a wagon in Lestallum.
- Jumbo Tusk: Garula fishing lure is fashioned after this enemy.