Gallu is a genus of enemies in Final Fantasy XI.
Notorious Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Paramount Gallu
Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
Even the ordinary attacks of these huge monsters are considered to be special attacks, hitting one target three times or hitting multiple players within range for damage plus Stun or Bind effects. Not only that, but gallu often have one or more jobs and are capable of using their jobs' special job ability.
- Searing Halitus: Conal area of effect Fire damage with a strong Burn effect.
- Crippling Rime: Conal area of effect Ice damage plus all stats down.
- Divesting Gale: Area of effect Wind damage plus Encumbrance and Muddle status.
- Kurnugi Collapse: Area of effect Earth damage plus Accuracy and Magic Accuracy down.
- Bolt of Perdition: Conal area of Effect Lightning damage plus Amnesia and unremovable Mute status.
- Diluvial Wake: Area of effect Water damage plus Defense and Magic Defense down.
- Oblivion's Mantle: Area of effect damage, Weakened status, and Doom.
- Unrelenting Brand: Area of effect damage, Curse (no HP recovery) status, and resets all job ability timers to their maximum timeout. The monster also gains the effect of Blaze Spikes. Samursk only.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
In Sumerian and Akkadian mythology, the Gallu or Gallus were great demons/devils of the underworld.