Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Fuzzy Miter, also known as Fuzzy Mitre, is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that makes the wearer immune to Petrify, and in the Zodiac versions also provides +2 to Strength.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Fuzzy Miter is sold for 1,200 gil in Old Archades. It is found in a treasure in Salikawood's Corridor of Ages (along a path that leads to the exit to Grand Bower; 45% chance to appear, 90% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Fuzzy Miter without the Diamond Armlet Map 47 The Salikawood), and is a rare steal from the Brown Chocobo in Salikawood.

Fuzzy Miter is also a possible reward from Ktjn. The player must get the score -3, and find her outside Migelo's shop in Rabanastre.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Fuzzy Miter is bought for 1,200 gil from Mt Bur-Omisace (after defeating Vinuskar), Mosphoran Highwaste (after defeating Judge Bergan), Phon Coast, Balfonheim Port, and the "secret shop" in Necrohol of Nabudis.

It is found as a treasure in Barheim Passage's West Annex (90% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Fuzzy Miter without the Diamond Armlet), Tchita Uplands' Realm of the Elder Dream (30% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Fuzzy Miter without the Diamond Armlet), Pharos - Second Ascent's Station of Banishment (75% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Fuzzy Miter without the Diamond Armlet), and Nabreus Deadlands' Lifeless Strand (75% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Fuzzy Miter without the Diamond Armlet), as well as the Trial Mode stages 58 and 87 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It is still a rare steal from the Brown Chocobo in Salikawood, and a possible reward for the conversations with Ktjn, now for the score of -4 where she is found inside Migelo's shop in Rabanastre.

Use[]

The Fuzzy Miter makes the wearer immune to Petrify, which makes the afflicted slowly turn to Stone (4.5 seconds per tick, starting from 10); when the afflicted turns to Stone, they disappear from the field and are flagged as defeated for Game Over purposes. An alternative to Fuzzy Miter would be to set up gambits for Gold Needle or Stona. Ribbons also make the Fuzzy Miter redundant as they protect against all status ailments, but are also available late into the game. Fuzzy Miter could be useful against enemies that use Petrifying attacks, but the Petrifying effect is not actually that detrimental: the countdown is long enough that the player has plenty time to heal the effect with items or spells, and the longer along the countdown is, the less damage the afflicted takes from physical attacks.

Advertisement