Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
It is recommended that you clear Ch. 3: Lost Kingdom of Thronus before playing.
- ???: Man... I'm tired of this.
- ???: Seriously though, where am I?
- ???: And what was with that puppet back there?
- ???: I mean, it was like talking to a brick wall. There was something familiar about it though.
- ???: Anyway, I have to find Yuna. If only there were some way to—
- ???: Wait, I got it!
- ???: Well, that didn't work.
- ???: Don't tell me I'm on my own.
- ???: Argh! Where is everybody!?
(Zidane approaches Yuna)
- Zidane: Yuna? What are you doing all by yourself?
- Yuna: I'm trying to find him. He might have been summoned to this world, too.
- Zidane: Oh... Well, good luck with that.
- Edge: G-get away from me! I said I don't want to fight you!
- ???: Nice try, puppet! You can't fool me!
- Yuna: That voice! Is that—!?
- Zidane: C'mon, let's go!
(Zidane approaches Tidus and Edge)
- Zidane: Edge, are you all right!?
- Yuna: Tidus!
- Tidus: Yuna!?
- Edge: You know this guy? Then can you tell him to back off? He came out of nowhere and started attacking me!
- Yuna: I just knew we would find each other.
- Tidus: Is that really you, Yuna?
- Yuna: Of course, it's me! I'm so happy to see you, Tidus.
- Mog: Hooray for reunions! I think I'm going to cry, kupo!
- Zidane: Oh, so this is who you were looking for. Glad you found each other.
- Tidus: So those humanoid monsters are called manikins, huh?
- Edge: Yeah, and you better not confuse me for one again!
- Tidus: I'm really sorry about that.
- Edge: Hmph!
- Tidus: So, Yuna...
- Tidus: Is that Seymour behind you real or not?
(The party sees a Seymour Manikin behind them)
- Manikin: Death...awaits...you!
- Mog: Th-that's a manikin, kupo!
- Zidane: Well, still beats the real thing.
- Tidus: You guys met Seymour? Guess you know what kind of a man he is too, then!
- Tidus: Real or fake, we've gotta stop him.
- Tidus: So make room for me! I'll show you just how quick I really am!
- Tidus: What is Seymour doing here, anyway? What's he want from us?
- Yuna: Our lives.
- Zidane: He said that we were servants to the gods and that we were better off dead.
- Tidus: I sure hope we don't run into him anytime soon.
- Mog: Yeah, he's a very dangerous person, kupo. And rude at that!
- ???: Hmph.
- Seymour: Death is the ultimate liberation from suffering. Why can't you see that?
- Tidus: Seymour!?
- Seymour: Ah, so you were summoned as well?
- Seymour: How amusing. The gods of this world must need all the help they can get.
- Cecil: Take that back! Tidus is a warrior of remarkable skill.
- Tidus: I knew there was a reason I never liked you!
- Seymour: Say what you will—for even those thoughts are but a passing dream.
- Seymour: Now, Lady Yuna, let us put an end to this futile struggle.
- Seymour: Embrace the eternal slumber that awaits you.
- Tidus: Lay one finger on her, and you're dead!
- Yuna: Maester Seymour, I can't let you do that.
- Cecil: Our lives are not ours to throw away anymore.
- Seymour: Servants of the gods—it seems I must release you from your pain.
- Zidane: Well, you heard him, Tidus. What're you gonna do?
- Tidus: I'm Yuna's guardian. I'll protect her no matter what happens.
- Tidus: Seymour! It's over for you!
- Seymour: There is no use in fighting it.
- Seymour: Come, death shall carry you off into a sweet slumber!
- Seymour: How could I lose to you mindless pawns?
- King: Who are you calling a mindless pawn? It's my choice to be here!
- Seymour: Poor creatures, bound by the shackles of life...
- Seymour: The time for liberation is near.
- Tidus: Wait! Seymour, come back!
- Sazh: *Sigh* He sure comes and goes as he pleases.
- Mog: Monsters aren't our only problem, kupo. Who knows when he'll show up again.
- Sazh: It's gonna be a tough journey, kid. You up for it?
- Tidus: Bring it on.
- Tidus: I told you guys already. I'm gonna protect Yuna no matter what.
- Yuna: Tidus...
- King: Looks like it's settled then.
- Tidus: From now on, we're a team.
- Tidus: And what kind of star player would I be if I didn't look out for you guys? Let's do this!
- Mog: Yay! Welcome to our team, kupo!