From favorite to least favorite:
1. 7 2.Tactics 3. 9 4. 6 5. 13 6. 10 7. 8
^ Right, whose post was that? Anyways....
Yeah, I don't like FF7. It can be attributed to 2 specific characters in fact. FF5 is my favourite because of King Badass TARDISES 08:45, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
How to rate the final fantasy games... I actually have several lists on various rating systems I have used for FF Games in terms of Storyline, Gameplay, System, Graphics, Opinion, and Overall... I guess I will go with my personal opinion list. I will include all FF games in this list that have been released in America that contain the name Final Fantasy and were not released for the original gameboy or named Crystal Chronicles.
- 12 (It would be higher if there wasn't Vaan, Penelo, or Ashe, among other reasons... Would be at the bottom were it not for Balthier.)
I think that is all126.96.36.199 11:23, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Advent Children (not a game, but still awesome)
So, yeah, that's what would be in my top five. --A.J. two 14:03, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
That's all I have and played.—Kaimi 14:45, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
Out of the 15 that I've played:
- XIII - Sazh all the way.
- Crisis core - Zack's death made me cry.
- IX - Thank god Zidane wasn't another miserable B*****d.
- VII - I never cried for Aerith, but Nanaki, Cid and Yuffie make this a favourite.
- X - He is Sin y'know...
- VIII - Irvine and Zell make the soppy Rinoa/Squall romance palatable.
- IV - Made every bard a spoony bard.
- III (DS) - Doga is really Sarda in disguise!
- I - Fighter liked swords.
- X-2 - Disasterrific.
- A Boy with a big potion pocket was better than the Half naked street rat.
And there's the list of FF I've played Mog&Boko 18:39, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
Out of the ones I've played:
- FF VI
- FF IV
- FF V
- FF IX
- FF X
- FF VII
- FF III
- Tactics Advance 2
- FF I
- FF II
- FF XII Revenant Wings
Emerald Mage 20:34, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
Im only doing main series.
Out of all the games I've played enough of to have an opinion on... 1. Final Fantasy IX
2. Final Fantasy XII (Very close second, some days it goes into 1st)
3. Final Fantasy VI
Equal 4. Final Fantasy III, VII and VIII (Eh, they're all about the same)7. Final Fantasy
some of your lists make my selection seem awfully limited. I suppose I vcould have access to FFT and FFTA2... but again, taht's only 2 more. TARDISES 12:49, April 18, 2010 (UTC)
Here are mine from most fave to least:
In case you're wondering where VII is, never played so I obviously can't judge it.Victorious44 12:17, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
Here's my list:
I dislike none of the above games (except maybe X-2), just some are better than others.Have yet to play: II, III, XIII, XI, VII Compilation, any Crystal Chronicles game.
Discordius 13:48, April 27, 2010 (UTC) My list goes:
- IV(DS version)
- III(DS version)
- IV(other releases)
1.XII 2.VII 3.XIII 4.III 5.IX 6.X 7.V 8.VI 9.VIII 10.I 11.II 12.IV absolutly hate IV I have not played XI ShadoeBlyson2
If I had to rank them it would be as follows:
- tie between VI and VII
MasterDebater, did you put IV at the top and XII at the bottom just to piss me off. ShadoeBlyson2
I suppose it depends on my mood, but overall:
1) Tactics (awesome story AND awesome gameplay, but a bit heavy going)
2) V (Some of the most enjoyable turn based battles I have ever experienced, shame about the story)
3) XIII (a thumpingly good return to form, but it takes a while for it to get realy good.)
4) VII (Best story- until it was milked to death)
5) VI (1st half is mind blowing. 2nd half is comparability uneventful)
6) X (gotta say, I actually thought playing as Tidus was an interesting idea. For once, the main protagonist mirrors your confused "bwuhh?!")
7) IV (Good overall, but the enimes are demanding enough to make you use all your mp and potions in one battle, and seeing as you level up fairly slowly, there's no grinding past the problem.)
8) (Yay for identical characters, a badly told plot, and the worst main character of the series? I mean, don't get me wrong, on paper FFXII has everything, but I just don't find it fun))
9) VIII (overcomplicated mechanics. Nuff said.)
10) I (Not terrible. Fun. Very fun. Just... You know, overshadowed, not to mention it has no plot whatsoever)
Yay for bordem fulled rant! Jamiemitsu FTW 21:33, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
I will start off by saying that I LOVE ALL ENTRIES IN THE MAIN SERIES AND ANYTHING THAT CONTINUES A MAIN GAMES STORY!!!!!!! However I have not played 6 or 8 enough to develop a good opinion. I am listing just the titles of the main games but if that main game has other works like 7, 10, 4, and 13 my rating is influenced by all of the CANON stories and side stuff related to the main title.
1) Final Fantasy XIII
2) Final Fantasy X
3) Final Fantasy IV
4) Final Fantasy VII
5) Final Fantasy V
6) Final Fantasy IX
7) Final Fantasy XII
8) Final Fantasy III
9) Final Fantasy
10) Final Fantasy XI
11) Final Fantasy II
Once I have played 6 and 8, I will update my post as soon as I finish either game. Siegleeagle 02:02, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Out of the ones I've played/playing
- 1.) VIII
- 2.) VII
- 3.) X
- 4.) IV
- 5.) XIII
- 6.) VI
- 7.) V
- 8.) Dirge of Cerberus
- 9.) Crisis Core
- 10.) I
- 11.) Tactics
- 12.) Mystic Quest
- 13.) XI
- 14.) IX
- 15.) XII
- 16.) X-2
And I can't rank XIV yet - although it looks good, and the game's great thus far, it isn't finished yet. Rockin' the Beta test :)
In my humble opinion.
--Haveanicedays 07:01, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Dear Haveanicedays: How dare you put that monstrosity VIII at the top while putting IX towards the bottom with the evil X-2, XII, and XI. Not so sincerely, kuPoHunTer.
I couldn't stand IX; personally I thought it was too cliche from the start, although granted, not as much as XII. And I personally feel VIII is underrated. The ending was emotional (yeah, I get emotional from FF) and had me reeling from the implications of the whole time-loop thing. And instead of hating the Junction system like most 8-haters, I figured it out and had fun with it. Again, IMHO :) --Haveanicedays 19:50, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Also, I like to believe that, to the contrary of what many FF fans believe, that the series is not about the 'classical' medieval era that I, IX, and XII are set in. I like to think of the games as an otherwordly experience, regardless of the era of technological development the game is set in. --Haveanicedays 19:50, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
kuPoHunTer - "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! KU-PEH!"
TALK - kuPoHunTer 12:21, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
So far I've played 14 and beaten only 4.
By the way kupo, don't thrash me for not liking VII too much and loving IX too much. I like the more classic games. kuPoHunTer 12:29, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
XII was HORRIBLE IMHO. Only saving grace was the Rosenburg bros. -daTin
Agreed daTin, agreed. -ZemusMalice
- FFIX(As always, does almost everything right to a huge degree. Even it's got flaws though.)
- FFV(Took me a few years to realize I don't hate it. But can see how some would.)
- FFVI(Terra aside, wonderful with a large and mostly cool cast.)
- FFVIII(Cool setting, gameplay was unique at least. Story(Romance especially) was a little iffy.)
- FFIV(First to have an actual compelling story and characters with real personality)
- FFVII(Gameplay was good, story, music and characters weren't)
- FFII(The FIRST to actually have a more involved story and characters with ANY personality at least.)
- FFIII(Like FFI but expanded on the Job System.)
- FFX(Interesting story. Tales of Symphonia was better version of it almost. It lacks oomph.)
- FFI(Started it all. But it's really just a decent Dragon Quest rip-off with less charm)
- FFXII(Dull, dull, dull. Gameplay, story and Characters. Nothing memorable. Not fun)
- FFXIII(Admittedly I've never played. But I've looked into it and it fails on every level. Gameplay, Music, characters)
- FFXI(Hear me out. I don't hate it because it's an MMO, FF always tried to do different things, I respect that. I hate it because it's SO BORING! It's a chore playing and a lot of the rewards pale in comparison to the effort required. And you have to pay monthly fees for it.)
In conclusion. FFIX, the bee's knees. FFXI well, if you don't like it after the 1st 10 hours it's not for you. Also LEVELING DOWN!?! ARGH!AnonyMan 21:20, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
I have this theory that the first final fantasy anyway plays is their favourite (or at least up there) Anyone agree?
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XI
Rank order hey? Let me have a look here...
Here's my list:
4. Crisis Core
15. II16. XI
Wow kupos! I never realized how many people liked IX! Also, I would now like to put II higher and VI and VII down lower. kuPoHunTer 19:41, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
For the main series only, I'd say:
I only played through IX once and rushed it (I rented it for a week), so that's why it's so low. I haven't played XI much and just hated III for some reason. --LeonStrife95 01:11, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
Added Tactics because IMHO it should have been main series.
User:MystRay time=24:00, August 10, 2010 (UTC) text=My list may be some sort of a shock to most of the fanbase out there. But it is my opinion and I don't care.
- XII - Great game with good characters and graphics and the most underrated soundtrack of the series. also the best sidequests.
- IX - Best of most things. Best villain by far. Kuja rocks! The best music of the entire series and the only game where I've gotten stuck on the final boss for a long time. Best story as well.
- VII - A great game but completely overrated.
- VI - Great game with an awesome villain. The psychotic clown!
- VIII - Good game but the worst system of the franchise. I can't stand junctioning! Great story though.
I like all of the FF games but some are just better than others.
Since the fun was sucked out of my last post....>> I will post something "srs" since that's what the forums are all about. List of favorites to least favorites (main series) :
Heres mine list.
I've excluded the games I haven't played, because video clips can't give the whole feel of a game. I'm also including the Tactics series and Revenant Wings. Why? Because I like them.
I declare this one of the tallest threads!1. XII 2. VIII 3. T 4. IX 5. V 6. TA 7. X 8. IV. 9. I 10. XIII 11. VII
1. IV 2. Tactics 3. VI 4. X 5. IX 6. VII 7. V 8. I 9. II 10. VIII 11. III 12. XIII 13. XII -Dat Figaro Dong
For me, I find it soooo hard to rank them, as each game is different in their own unique way....though I do have a favorite. Which I haven't played. But watched on YouTube. A lot. And that game is Type 0. :) TMG- Why? (talk) 21:32, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
- . FFVI (My first FF back when it was III on the SNES and love everything about it from characters to plot to music to Esper/relic combos)
- . FFVII (A very great game with a great story and excluding Yuffie and Cait Sith had a good cast of characters. Still can't touch VI)
- . FFIX (Close to 2nd best game but I find the middle of 2nd disc and end of the 3rd disc to be kinda slow. Also not a fan of Quina or Amarant)
- . FFX (Love the story and all the extra content. Not a big fan of the cast though except Yuna and Auron. Also not a great antagonist)
- . FFIV (Pretty good game and I like the cast but can be a bit melodramatic at times)
- . FFXII (If you pretend Ashe is the protagonist, which she is, the game is a lot better)
- . FFI (Original game is fun and simple but not much to it story wise)
- . FFVII DOC (Not a big fan of shooters but this was alright and the boss battles were enjoyable)
- . FFVIII (Junction system is kinda broken and Squall and Rinoa Romance wasn't believable. Otherwise it's OK)
- .FFTA (Enjoyable gameplay but mediocre story)
- .FFV (Really didn't enjoy this game the characters were bad and the story was laughable. Also don't like Job systems.)
- .FFXIII (Plot Resolution makes no SENSE!!!)
- .FFII (Broken gameplay and depressing story)
- .FF Mystic Quest (Best quality was the shortness of the game)
Anything else Square has ever introduced that I have not played
Dead Last. FFX-2 (Turned Yuna into a vapid ditz, I don't like Job systems, music sucked, and story made me want to puke. Worst game ever to be made)
I'm huge XIII fanboy , so my Top Ten are ... 1. LR-XIII 2. XIII 3. IX 4. X 5. IV 6. V 7. XIII-2 8. X-2 9. III 10. II My hardest FF is III (No phoenix down?! Shit I'm in the LAST DUNGEON now WTF!!)
Can you people
At least use the Title header? It's confusing to read a lot of things.