So, Final Fantasy XVI got announced last week, that's pretty neat! Of course, with that came a rush to add content, which has caused some sloppiness and disputes that we'd like to address before any more information comes in.
- It is the general view of the wiki staff that we prefer red links over content-less pages. We'd rather have what is a big signal that we don't have a page for this content rather than forcing people to click through to see we've got nothing.
- If an admin encounters a new page that's only 1 or 2 sentences, it is likely to be deleted if we can't immediately come up with a way to expand it.
- If an admin encounters a page that has no text whatsoever (yes this has happened), we will delete it.
- Speculation is never allowed in the mainspace. While there are a few things that we can make educated guesses about based on the one trailer we have, those are still guesses and thus not allowed.
- Please note that the versions of the trailer uploaded to official SE YouTube channels have provided subtitles, and with the absence of any information saying to the contrary, these can be taken as official. Eikon is spelt the same way it is in FFXIV, there's no strange spelling to Joshua, and that group mentioned at about 1:40 in the trailer is the Dhalmeks (not that we have enough information for them to get a page yet)
- I don't know if I can talk here or this post is just for warning, feel free to erase this if it is the last thing.
- I'll just say a curiosity I found about the Dhalmeks: in the Spanish official subtitles of the trailer, "Dhalmeks" is not mentioned as a group, but as if it were a kingdom: Dhalmekia.
- EN: "It was the Dhalmeks who drove back the Crusaders in the Battle of the Twin Realms, was it not?"
- ES: "It was Dhalmekia who forced the Crusaders to retreat in the war of the Twin Regions, isn't it?"
- I would say "Dhalmeks" is the term for "Dhalmekia" habitants (like Garlean for Garlemald). Just saying this as a curiosity, not to make already a whole article. --Con Carne
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.