In other news, the recent thunderstorms have precipitated some unexpected consequences in Duscae. The stones sealing off Fociaugh Hollow, at the region's center, have collapsed due to the heavy rainfall. The Hunters wasted no time investigating the newly opened cavern, and already they report daemon sightings. Locals are urged to keep away from the cavern at night.
Fociaugh Hollow is a cave in Duscae region in Final Fantasy XV. In the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo, where it is known as Fociaugh Cavern, one of Armiger swords, Galatine, and the Astral Ramuh, can be found inside. The cave is at the southeast of the Duscae map, near a camp ground.
The cave is dark and the party's flashlights light up while inside. In numerous places the party must squeeze through tight spots. The only enemies inside are goblins but they can appear in great numbers and overwhelm the party. At the end of the cave the party will acquire Ramuh, and then get the option to appear back outside the cavern.
Near the entrance, a bit to the north from the grotto, atop a rock formation.
- Grotto tucked away deep in the woods of Malacchi Hills. After a recent string of incidents involving a speaking serpent who absconded with several small children, nearby residents dared not approach the mouth of the cave.
- In their despair, the citizens called upon the aid of the former Oracle, Sylva Via Fleuret. After luring the snake-like daemon into the hollow, the Oracle trapped it inside. While no other kidnappings have happened since the sealing of the cave, one can still hear the hissing wails of the serpent within.
- Perhaps coincidentally, several eyewitnesses say they spotted a woman marching toward the grotto a few weeks before the first incident was reported. The woman in question had allegedly lost her baby to a band of daemons and was presumably off in search of her stolen child. Any connection between these events, however, remains purely speculatory.
One who led his men to glory on the field of war
One who led his clan to greatness, slashing to the fore
One who led his liege through troubled times with wit alone
Yet by the burning giant all these men were overthrown
My loneliness ineffable, my pain beyond compare
Yet I am not afforded time to wallow in despair
For a king must not avert his eyes from what lies ahead
He must continue walking own the path he's born to tread
In an unknown time a king led an expedition to fell a powerful daemon, but his men were felled by "the burning giant". The spared king suffered immensely for this loss, but needed to uphold his duty as ruler and not succumb to despair. He engraved these thoughts on a monolith for the True King to one day discover in the sealed dungeon beneath the grotto.
The cavern is inhabited by a talking daemon looking for its baby, implied to be a daemonified woman who had lost her child. The grotto was sealed by Oracle Sylva Via Fleuret, Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's mother, but Ramuh opened the way inside after Luna roused him. When Noctis and his friends explore the cave, the daemon tries to kidnap Prompto.
- Ancient Dragon Tooth x2
- Fossil Wood x2
- Allural Shallot (procurement point)
- Thieves' Way (Map)
- Amethyst Bracelet
- Rusted Bit
- Magic Flask
- Ammonite Fossil
- Titanium Bangle
- Blue Choker
- Debased Banknote
Final Fantasy XV Episode DuscaeEdit
Scraps of Mystery VIIEdit
Amid the northern part of the chocobo race track in Duscae there are cylindrical buildings with yellow roofs. The map is under the stairs in front of the taller building. It marks a spot near Fociaugh Hollow entrance on the Malacchi Hills. The treasure is just south of the quest marker behind a square pillar.
- HexaDrive accompanied Square Enix on a trip to Chiba Prefecture to scout some caves. These caves later become the basis of the Fociaugh Cavern.