Flower Cactoid has been petitioned by a man named Dantro in the Dalmasca Estersand outpost. The Mark itself can be found in the Yardang Labyrinth area. It is dangerous at low levels and if attacked alone since it has the 1000 Needles Technick at its disposal.
It is also fought in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode at Stage 3 along with two Cactoids and four Cactites. The player can steal swords from it here: Longsword (common), Mythril Blade (uncommon) and Karkata (rare); especially the latter is an easy way to make the party very strong early on.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 03: Dalmasca's Desert Bloom[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Dantro
- Petitioner's Location: Dalmasca Estersand
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a flowering cactoid (Rank I). The petitioner is Dantro at a camp in the Dalmasca Estersand.
- Hunt accepted. Dantro wants the rare bloom from the head of a flowering cactoid. The flowering cactoid is to be found in the Yardang Labyrinth in the Dalmasca Estersand.
- Flowering cactoid defeated, and cactus flower claimed! Report to Dantro at the camp in the Dalmasca Estersand.
- Hunt reported. Now what to do with the flower?
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- How is it that such a beautiful Blossom might bloom atop such an ungainly Cactoid? Verily, its Beauty is more than in its Appearance, for the Blossom is valued as an Ingredient in Salves, and further prized by Collectors for the rarity of its Flowering. Amongst the Cactoids, the red Bloom is the mark of a Leader, and the Focus of much Respect and Adoration. However, to the villagers in the Dalmasca Estersand, it is merely a Mark.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Cure||Use after running away from the party and using a Potion, and when HP <70% and the player has not caught up (100%)|
|Ram||Use all battle (50%)|
|1000 Needles||HP <20% use once (100%)|
|Potion||Use after running away and the player does not catch up (100%)|
Battle[edit | edit source]
The Flowering Cactoid can run away and is difficult at low levels. Its physical attack can inflict Blind, and it will use 1000 Needles once when its HP is below 20%. Magick, such as Fire, works well. If the player does not chase after it when it runs off, it will use Potions and constantly heal itself. This battle becomes much easier once Penelo joins the party.
Another tactic is to wait until the party escapes the Barheim Passage. Due to the mark's high Evasion, Balthier's starting gun could prove invaluable, as guns ignore Evasion. With Basch as a guest member, it is easier to take down the mark.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 500 gil
- Potion x10
The player will also receive a Cactus Flower after the battle, which can be given to Dantro's wife as part of the Patient in the Desert sidequest.
Other appearances[edit | edit source]