The following is a list of version differences between the various versions of Final Fantasy XIII.
The following is a list of differences between the PlayStation 3 version and the Xbox 360 version.
|PlayStation 3||Xbox 360|
|Distribution||1 Blu-ray Disc||3 DVD-ROM DL|
|Data Size||37.6 GB||18.3 GB|
|Install Option||Not available||The player can install the game to the hard drive.|
|Resolutions||1080p (upscaled from 720p)||576p|
|CGI Cutscenes||720p uncompressed||720p high compression|
|Trophies/Achievements||35 Trophies||34 Achievements* the Xbox 360 does not have a counterpart for the PlayStation 3's Platinum Trophy|
- Original release.
North American and European versions
- Altered English terminology (e.g. "Optima Change" changed to "Paradigm Shift").
- Sound effect for Paradigm Shifts is different.
- Lip-syncing in cutscenes were re-edited to match the English voice overs.
- The vocal theme songs are different from the original Japanese release. "Eternal Love" is replaced with "Serah's Theme", and "Kimi ga Iru Kara" is replaced with "My Hands". Additionally, while both versions feature English-language versions of the themes "Serah's Theme" and "The Sunleth Waterscape," the lyrics were changed for the English-language version. The song "Chocobos of Cocoon - Chasing Dreams" is in Japanese in the original release, but is changed to English for localized version.
- Japanese voice overs only. English, Chinese, and Korean subtitles/menu.
- Background musics remain the same as the original Japanese version.
Japanese re-released versions
- Ability to change the battle difficulty between Easy and Normal (Ultimate Hits International Edition for Xbox 360, the PS3 version requires a patch update).
- Screen resolution is locked to 1280×720. This was fixed in the December 2014 patch, but only for gameplay. Pre-rendered cutscenes remain in 720p.
- 60 FPS
- An option to choose between English and Japanese audio in the North American and European versions. The Asian version only has Japanese audio.
- Background music for both versions is from the English-North American version.
- Cloud saving (via Steam Cloud).
- Steam Trading Cards.
- Mouse can be used to rotate camera angle.
- Ability to change the battle difficulty between Easy and Normal returns.
- New options were added to the Settings menu:
- Keyboard Settings - Assign keys for when using keyboard control.
- Gamepad Controls - Check the control scheme for when using a gamepad controller.
- On-screen Button Explanations - Choose between keyboard buttons and Xbox buttons to be displayed on HUD.
- Staff Credits - View the game's credits.
- Middleware License - View middleware license information.
- Open-source software Licenses - View licensing information for open-source softwares.
- Six new weapons that were not in the original can be found within the game's data. They appear to be debug weapons and as such are not obtainable in normal gameplay: Godslayer (Lightning), Death Penalties (Sazh), Omnipotence (Snow), Faerie Tail (Vanille), Rising Sun (Hope), and Longinus (Fang).
Version 1.2 (December 2014)
- Custom rendering features (720p, 1080p etc.).
- New graphics options.
- Shadow resolutions (up to 8192×8192).
- Anti-aliasing (up to 16x).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.