The following is a list of version differences between the various versions of Final Fantasy XIII-2.
PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of differences between the PlayStation 3 version and the Xbox 360 version.
|PlayStation 3||Xbox 360|
|Distribution||1 Blu-ray Disc||1 DVD-ROM DL|
|Data Size||14.06 GB||7.7 GB|
|Install Option||Not available||The player can install the game to the hard drive.|
|Trophies/Achievements||32 Trophies||31 Achievements* the Xbox 360 does not have a counterpart for the PlayStation 3's Platinum Trophy|
North American and European versions[edit | edit source]
- Versions outside of Japan use to confirm and to cancel.
- Various English terminology is altered.
- "Attacker" is changed to "Commando".
- "Blaster" is changed to "Ravager".
- "Defender" is changed to "Sentinel".
- "Jammer" is changed to "Saboteur".
- "Enhancer" is changed to "Synergist".
- "Healer" is changed to "Medic".
- "Attack Paladin" is changed to "Paladin".
- "Blast Wizard" is changed to "Mage".
- "Blast Shaman" is changed to "Shaman".
- "Defense Knight" is changed to "Knight".
- "Enhance Adept" is changed to "Conjurer".
- "Jamming Witch" is changed to "Sorcerer".
- "Enemy" is changed to "Target" when selecting a target in battle.
- "Synchro Drive" is changed to "Feral Link".
- "Break!" is changed to "Stagger".
- "Blood damage" is changed to "Wound damage".
- "Battle Result", "Rank", and "Items" are changed to "Battle Results", "Rating" and "Spoils".
- "Crystal Points" are changed to "Crystogen Points".
- Lip-syncing in cutscenes is re-edited to match the English voice-overs.
- "Unseen Intruder", which serves as a location theme for Bresha Ruins 5 AF before Atlas's defeat, lacks vocals and has extra instruments added during the main chorus. The theme's Aggressive Mix also has one lyric added: "Time traveler".
Asian version[edit | edit source]
- Only Japanese voice-overs are used, with English, Chinese, and Korean subtitles/menus.
PlayStation Network[edit | edit source]
- Load-times are slightly improved.
Patches[edit | edit source]
The most recent version is 1.06.
- Default version
- 1.01: 2011-12-15
- "downloadable contents" selectable in title screen and DLC can be purchased directly from there.
- "Outfits" added in main menu for changing downloaded costumes of characters.
- 1.02: 2012-01-31
- Arbiter of Time appears in -Coliseum ??? AF- and "Coliseum Challenge List" available (As so, Omega was introduced differently in version 1.01 whereas it was standing in the center instead and waiting for battle.)
- A treasure chest containing grade 5 monster materials appears in -Coliseum ??? AF- and Supply Sphere Access Code (New Bodhum -700 AF-) is required to open the chests.
- New items in Chocolina's Shop: Genji Shield and 6 adornments:Wizard's Hat, Blue Mage's Chapeau, Afro & Silver Chick, Silver Windup Key, Cute Heart, Unicorn Mart Logo.
- 1.03: 2012-02-03
- Facebook integration supported; opt to post story progress and party monsters to the wall
- 1.04: 2012-02-21
- New items in Chocolina's Shop: Genji Helm, Delicate Genji Helm, Delicate Genji Glove, Delicate Genji Shield and 6 adornments: Rangda Crest, Leyak Crest, Zwerg Ring, Chocobo Chick, Tonberry's Lantern, Blue Beacon.
- Sazh's episode DLC playable if purchased.
- 1.05: 2012-03-27
- 6 new adornments: Gold Windup Key, Blue Party Hat, Red Bow Tie, Yellow Ribbon, Silk Hat, Bushy Mustache.
- DLC compatibility updated.
- 1.06: 2012-05-15
- 7 new adornments: Pink Moogle Bobble, Yellow Bow Tie, Crystal Tear, Crystal Feather, Afro & Gold Chick, Dajh's Patch, Silver PSICOM Spaulders.
- 1 new accessory: Bloody Medallion.
- DLC compatibility updated.
- An option to choose between English and Japanese voice-overs is available.
- Frame rate varies from 30 to 60 frames-per-second.
- Customizable rendering resolution, 720p, 1080p, and more are included.
- New shadow rendering is available. Quality of the shadows can be adjusted up to 8192x8192 pixels.
- Cloud saving is available via Steam Cloud.
- Steam Trading Cards are available.
- The version of "Unseen Intruder" used varies depending on the selected voice-over option.
- The Eternal Crystal key item is present, but provided by default regardless of whether or not the player has previous Final Fantasy XIII save data.
- The following downloadable content is included with the game:
- Opponent: Omega
- Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
- Opponent: Nabaat
- Opponent: Ultros & Typhon
- Opponent: PuPu
- Opponent: Gilgamesh
- Serah's Outfit: Summoner's Garb
- Serah's Outfit: Beachwear
- Serah's Outfit: White Mage
- Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire
- Noel's Outfit: Spacetime Guardian
- Noel's Outfit: Black Mage
- Mog's Outfits: A Wondrous Wardrobe
- Sazh's Story: Heads or Tails?
- Lightning's Story: Requiem of the Goddess
- Snow's Story: Perpetual Battlefield
- Sazh: Heads or Tails?, Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess, Snow: Perpetual Battlefield scenarios, and all of the optional Coliseum boss battles are available after the player defeats the final boss of the game. In the console versions, they can be accessed as early as Chapter 2.
- The following downloadable content is not available due to licensing issues:
- Serah's Outfit: N7 Armor
- Serah's Outfit: Style and Steel
- Noel's Outfit: N7 Armor
- Noel's Outfit: Assassin's Creed
- Serah's Weapon: Seraphic Wing
- Serah's Weapon: Genji Bow
- Serah's Weapon: Azrael
- Noel's Weapon: Catastrophe Blade
- Noel's Weapon: Muramasa
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.