There's no gettin' off this train we on 'till we reach the end of the line.
Beastmen clad in black infiltrate the streets of Bastok,
with motives as murky as the garb they don.
Their mark: a Galkan child.The Voracious Resurgence special website
Final Fantasy XI: The Voracious Resurgence is an episodic story series update to Final Fantasy XI that began release in 2020. Like add-ons previously released for the game, the story series is introduced as part of a regular version updates. However, unlike those add-ons, The Voracious Resurgence does not require an additional purchase to access.
The Voracious Resurgence is the first main storyline addition to Final Fantasy XI since Final Fantasy XI: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, marking the first new major story content in 5 years.
Service for The Voracious Resurgence commenced on August 6, 2020 (JST).
Being a story series update to Final Fantasy XI, the gameplay for The Voracious Resurgence follows the same mechanics as the main game and its expansions and add-ons, with new story and gameplay scenarios.
Players must own all previous expansions and must have cleared the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel scenario to access the updates' missions.
- Part 1
- Raebrimm, a recently reborn Galkan child hunted by beastmen for reasons yet unknown.
- Gloom Phantom, a mysterious goblin who is relentless in pursuing Raebrimm.
- Brygid, Vana'diel’s self-proclaimed future fashion maven whose time may have just arrived.
- Part 2
- Kupipi, a rolanberry-loving secretary in Heaven's Tower swears upon a stack of books that her memory is second to none.
- The Cardians, mystical warriors fashioned in the Manustery, they have been tasked with defending something of the utmost importance.
- The Star Onion Brigade, fighting for truth, justice, and the onion way, these tots are eager to adventure and ready to punish ne’er-do-wells who would see the world burn.
- Part 3
- Trion, the prince of San d'Oria whose sense of duty to family and country has seen him on the frontlines of battle time and again—yet when it comes to social gatherings, he's got two left feet.
- Altennia, a Royal Knight and leader of the Carmine Swallows whose brother, Halver, may just be in over his head.
- Excenmille, the head of House Aurchiat and bester of orcs far and wide.
- Part 4
- Cornelia, a cheerful young girl always looking out for the Galka Gumbah and Raebrimm. Behind her smile lies heartbreak over her constant feuding with her father.
- Naja, the leader of the mercenary company Salaheem's Sentinels. Always on the lookout for ways to expand her purse, she desires to expand her company’s reach across Vana’diel.
- Raubahn, captain of the Immortals in Aht Urhgan and a storied blue mage. No matter how many years pass and how many comrade he loses, his expression remains unchanging.
- Part 5
- Ghatsad, known as the father of the automatons, his work in bringing them to life has seen him moonlight as an expert in imperial cultural treasures.
- Megomak, a moblin who serves a troll mercenary troupe, and is a skilled alchemist whose research into chimeras keeps him busy at all hours of the day.
- Ramuh, a philosopher spoken who, according to the legends of the Ramuh constellation spoken of in a nation lost to the ravages of time, is said to have created vehicles that harness the power of lightning.