Final Fantasy X-2 Original Soundtrack is the complete soundtrack of Final Fantasy X-2. Final Fantasy X-2 marks the first soundtrack where composer Nobuo Uematsu did not contribute a single piece despite having composed for Final Fantasy X, of which Final Fantasy X-2 is a sequel.
Track list[edit | edit source]
Disc 1 (1:06:19)[edit | edit source]
- "KUON: Memories of Waves and Light" (久遠 ~光と波の記憶~, Kuon ~Hikari to Nami no Kioku~?, lit. Eternity ~Memory of Light and Waves~) - 2:38
- Plays at the title screen. It is called "KUON: Memories of Waves and Light" in the North American sphere theater.
- "real Emotion (FFX-2 Mix)" - 2:33
- Opening song at concert in Luca.
- "YuRiPa, Fight! No. 1" (ユリパ ファイトNo.1, YuRiPa Faito No.1?, lit. YuRiPa Fight No. 1) - 1:30
- It is called "YRP, Fight! No. 1" in the North American sphere theater.
- Plays in the first boss battle and carries on to the docks at Luca as Rikku and Paine chase down the thieves. Also plays during the mission on Mi'ihen Highroad in Chapter 3 and the mission in Cactuar Hollow in Chapter 5.
- "Yuna's Theme" (ユウナのテーマ, Yūna no Tēma?) - 2:52
- The theme of Yuna.
- "YuRiPa, Fight! No. 2" (ユリパ ファイトNo.2, YuRiPa Faito No.2?, lit. YuRiPa Fight No. 2) - 2:00
- The game's boss theme. It is called "YRP, Fight! No. 2" in the North American sphere theater. It also plays when the player selects battles in the battle simulator in the Fiend Arena.
- "Mission Complete" (ミッションコンプリート, Misshon Konpurīto?) - 1:37
- Plays whenever a mission is successfully completed or whenever a battle is won.
- "We're the Gullwings!" (スフィアハンター・カモメ団, Sufia Hantā Kamome Dan?, lit. sphere hunter Seagull Group) - 2:48
- The theme of the Gullwings.
- "Mission Start!" (ミッションスタート, Misshon Sutāto?) - 2:55
- It is called "Mission Time!" in the North American sphere theater.
- Plays at the start of a mission and at the Fiend Arena top menu.
- "Mt. Gagazet" (ガガゼト山, Gagazeto Yama?, lit. Gagazet Mountain) - 3:38
- The eponymous theme of Mt. Gagazet.
- "YuRiPa, Fight! No. 3" (ユリパファイトNo.3, YuRiPa Faito No.3?, lit. YuRiPa Battle No. 3) - 1:46
- It is called "YRP, Fight! No. 3" in the North American sphere theater.
- The game's normal battle theme.
- "Game Over" (ゲームオーバー, Gēmu Ōbā?) - 0:17
- "Anything Goes for Leblanc!" (ルブラン様はなんでもアリ!, Ruburan Sama wa Nandemo Ari?, lit. Lady Leblanc Has Everything!) - 1:45
- Chateau Leblanc's theme and the overall theme for the Leblanc Syndicate.
- "Let Me Blow You a Kiss" (お熱いのをくれてやるよ, O Atsui no o Kurete Yaru Yo?, lit. I'll Give You Something Hot!) - 2:08
- Plays during a Leblanc Syndicate boss battle except in Luca at new game. Also plays during Goon's fiend tale ending.
- "Shuyin's Theme" (シューインのテーマ, Shūin no Tēma?) - 3:41
- "Besaid" (ビサイド, Bisaido?) - 2:48
- The eponymous theme of Besaid.
- "Kilika" (キーリカ, Kīrika?) - 2:17
- The eponymous theme of Kilika.
- "Luca" (ルカ, Ruka?) - 1:45
- The eponymous theme of Luca.
- "Mi'ihen Highroad" (ミヘン街道, Mihen Kaidou?, lit. Mi'ihen Highway) - 2:18.
- "Mushroom Rock Road" (キノコ岩街道, Kinoko Iwa Kaidou?) - 1:55
- The eponymous theme of Mushroom Rock Road.
- "The Youth League" (青年同盟, Seinen Doumei?, lit. Youth Alliance) - 2:38
- The eponymous theme of the Youth League.
- "The Machina Faction" (マキナ派, Makina Ha?) - 1:56
- "Guadosalam" (グアドサラム, Guadosaramu?) - 1:43
- The eponymous theme of Guadosalam.
- "The Thunder Plains" (雷平原, Kaminari Heigen?, lit. Thunder Plains) - 1:16
- The eponymous theme of the Thunder Plains.
- "Macalania Woods" (マカラーニャの森, Makarānya no Mori?, lit. Macalania Forest) - 2:56
- The eponymous theme of Macalania Woods.
- "Bikanel Desert" (ビーカネル砂漠, Bīkaneru Sabaku?) - 1:53
- The theme of Bikanel.
- "New Yevon" (新エボン党, Shin Ebon Tou?, lit. The New Yevon Party) - 1:37
- "The Calm Lands" (ナギ平原, Nagi Heigen?, lit. Calm Lands) - 1:52
- The eponymous theme of the Calm Lands.
- "Zanarkand Ruins" (ザナルカンド遺跡, Zanarukando Iseki?) - 2:32
- "Sphere Hunters" (スフィアハンター, Sufia Hantā?, lit. Sphere Hunter) - 1:54
- Plays during certain missions. Also plays whenever the player is setting up trap pods across Spira to capture fiends and humanoids.
- "The Temples" (寺院, Jiin?, lit. Temple) - 1:14
- Plays whenever the party enters one of the temples.
- "Discord" (緊迫, Kinpaku?, lit. Tension) - 1:47
Disc 2 (1:11:41)[edit | edit source]
- "The Gullwings March" (カモメ団マーチ, Kamone Dan Māchi'?, lit. The Seagulls March) - 2:32
- A brass instrument heavy Gullwings theme.
- "The Colossus" (大いなる存在, Ooi Naru Sonzai?, lit. Great Being) - 1:32
- Plays when Vegnagun is mentioned and in the second part of the Farplane Abyss.
- "Sleep Tight" (おやすみ, Oyasumi?, lit. Good Night) - 0:17
- Plays whenever the party rests at an inn, the Celsius, etc.
- "Disquiet" (不安, Fuan?, lit. Anxiety) - 2:11
- Plays at the Via Infinito and the labyrinth in the Bevelle Underground leading to the Limbo. Also plays during Yuna's nightmare, and when Leblanc is explaining Vegnagun to the Gullwings in her chateau.
- "Three Mice in Chateau Leblanc" (潜入! ルブランのアジト, Sen'nyū! Ruburan no Ajito?, lit. Infiltration! Leblanc's Hideout) - 1:43
- "It is called "Trois Souris au Chateau Leblanc" (lit. "Three Mice in Chateau Leblanc") in the North American sphere theater.
- Plays when the Gullwings infiltrate Chateau Leblanc.
- "Rikku's Theme" (リュックのテーマ, Ryukku no Tēma?) - 2:09
- The theme of Rikku.
- "Chocobo" (チョコボ, Chokobo?) - 1:49
- The Chocobo Theme.
- "Paine's Theme" (パインのテーマ, Pain no Tēma?) - 2:40
- The theme of Paine.
- "Bevelle's Secret" (ベベルの秘密, Beberu no Himitsu?) - 1:14
- Plays at the always secretive massive city of Bevelle. Also plays at the Great Cloisters in the Via Infinito.
- "The Bevelle Underground" (アンダーベベル, Andā Beberu?, lit. Under Bevelle) - 2:01
- "Yuna's Ballad" (ユウナのバラード, Yūna no Barādo?) - 3:01
- The ballad of Yuna.
- "Your Friendly Neighborhood Gullwings" (お助け屋カモメ団, O Tasuke ya Kamome Dan?, lit. Assistance Store Seagull Group) - 2:21
- Plays as the 'ambient' background music on the Celsius from Chapter 3 and on.
- "Joost leave it tae us!" (オラたちのデバンだなや, Ora Tachi no Deban da Naya?, lit. It's Our Turn Now!) - 2:59
- Called ""Joost leave it tae us!" No. 1" (and/or) "No. 2" the North American sphere theater.
- Plays at the Moonflow in Chapter 5 during Tobli's concert.
- "Labyrinth" (迷宮, Meikyū?) - 1:43
- Plays certain dungeons such as in Chateau Leblanc's underground maze, the Fiend Haunt, and Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.
- "Turmoil" (混乱, Konran?, lit. Confusion) - 1:42
- Plays whenever trouble is present and in certain fiend tale endings.
- "Aeons" (召喚獣, Shoukanjū?, lit. Summoned Beast) - 1:07
- "The Farplane Abyss" (異界の深淵, Ikai no Shin'en?) - 2:23
- The theme of the Farplane.
- "Kuon - The Troupe Performs" (久遠 ~楽団員さんの演奏~, Kudou ~Gakudan'in San no Ensou~?, lit. Eternity ~Band Member Performance~) - 3:34
- "1000 Words (FFX-2 Mix)" (1000の言葉 (FF X-2 Mix), 1000 no Kotoba (FF X-2 Mix)?, lit. 1000 Words (FFX-2 Mix)) - 3:54
- "Nightmare in the Den" (洞窟の悪夢, Doukutsu no Akumu?, lit. Nightmare in the Cave) - 1:20
- Plays during Shuyin's spectral assault in the Den of Woe.
- "The Crimson Squad" (アカギ隊, Akagi Tai?, lit. The Akagi Squad) - 3:05
- Plays in the Den of Woe, haunted by the unsent of the Crimson Squad.
- "Vegnagun Awakens" (ヴェグナガン起動, Vegunagan Kidou?, lit. Vegnagun Activating) - 2:31
- Plays when Shuyin activates Vegnagun. Also plays at the end of Almighty Shinra's fiend tale ending.
- "Crash" (激突, Gekitotsu?, lit. Clash) - 1:35
- "Clash" (死闘, Shitou?, lit. Desperate Struggle) - 1:23
- Plays during the battle against Vegnagun's body. Also plays during the Fiend World Cup.
- "Ruin" (破滅, Hametsu?) - 2:59
- "Their Resting Place" (終焉, Shūen?, lit. Demise) - 2:33
- Plays during the final battle against Shuyin. Also plays in the Farplane Cup.
- "1000 Words (Piano Version) - A Wish That Spans the Ages" (1000の言葉 Piano Version ~時を越えた想い~, 1000 no Kotoba Piano Version ~Toki wo koe ta Omoi~?, lit. 1000 Words Piano Version ~Feelings That Crossed Time~) - 3:45
- A piano rendition of "1000 Words".
- "Ending - Until We Meet Again!" (エンディング ~また会う日まで~, Endingu ~Mata Au Hi Made?, lit. Ending ~Until the Day We Meet Again~) - 2:11
- Called "See you next time, kiddies!" in the North American sphere theater.
- The ending theme.
- "1000 Words (Orchestra Version)" (1000の言葉 Orchestra Version, 1000 no Kotoba Orchestra Version?, lit. 1000 Words Orchestra Version) - 6:30
- The orchestra version of "1000 Words"; an extra verse is present in this version.
- "Epilogue - A Reunion!" (エピローグ ~再会~, Epirōgu ~Saikai~?, lit. Epilogue ~Reunion~) - 3:26
- Called "Reunion" in the North American sphere theater.
- Plays during Yuna's reunion with Tidus in an optional ending.
"HD Remaster" reissue[edit | edit source]
In 2013, Square Enix released a new version of the soundtrack. It now also includes the tracks originally released on the Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission Original Soundtrack album. It is considered as the "HD Remaster" album on the official site .
|Track List (Disc 1)|
|Track List (Disc 2)|
Music samples[edit | edit source]
Sheet music[edit | edit source]
Published by DOREMI Music Publishing, Final Fantasy X-2 Original Soundtrack Piano Sheet Music contains the official piano sheet music for the game's original soundtrack. It has 84 Pages, covering 32 pieces arranged by Tadaomi Idogawa. Its difficulty level is beginner to intermediate. The pieces are arranged to sound as much as possible like the originals. The book uses standard music notation, but the text, including each song's title, is in Japanese.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Music, Arranged & Produced by Noriko Matsueda & Takahito Eguchi
- Synthesizer Programmer: Keiji Kawamori
- Mastering Engineer: Yuka Koizumi
- real Emotion (FFX-2 Mix)
- Vocal: Koda Kumi
- Music: Kazuhiro Hara
- Arrangment: h-wonder
- Lyrics: Kenn Kato
- 1000 no Kotoba (FFX-2 Mix)
- Strings: Masatsugu Shinozaki Group
- Piano: Yasuharu Nakanishi
- Guitar: Takashi Masuzaki
- Chorus: Kumi Sasaki, Taeko Saito
- Recorded & Mixed by Toshiyuki Yoshida at Hitokuchizaka Studio, Sound inn
- Assistant Engineer: Atsushi Yamamoto (山本篤士) (Hitokuchizaka Studio)
- 1000 no Kotoba (Orchestra Version)
- Ending - Until We Meet Again!
- Epilogue - A Reunion!
- Music & Orchestration: Takahito Eguchi & Noriko Matsueda
- Conductor: Koji Haishima
- Strings: Masatsugu Shinozaki Group
- Piano: Yasuharu Nakanishi
- Harp: Tomoyuki Asakawa
- Recorded & Mixed by Toshiyuki Yoshida at Sound City, Sound inn Studio
- Recording Coordinator: Kazuyuki Doki (Legato Music)
- A&R Coordination: Hirokazu Sato (佐藤宏和), Soichiro Kawabata (川畑奏一郎) (avex trax)
- A&R Director: Emiko Funahashi (Square Co., Ltd.)
- A&R Assistant: Hanaki Kimura (木村華子), Kyoko Akiba (秋葉享子), Hitomi Shirasuna (白砂瞳) (avex trax)
- A&R Chief: Tomoko Kabeya (avex trax)
- A&R Supervisor: Jun Harada (avex trax)
- Promotion: Avex Inc., 2nd Product Promotion Divison 4th Production Group
- Media Promotion Chief: Koji Okuda (奥田孝司) (avex trax)
- Sales Promotion: Atsushi Nishimoto (西本京史) (avex distribution), Ichiro Hazama (Square Co., Ltd.)
- Business Affairs: Shoko Chigusa, Yoshinori Shiba (avex trax)
- Media Tie-ups: Daisuke Ogi (avex trax)
- Sales Promotion Chief: Tomoaki Sato (佐藤朝昭), Kazuo Kosugi (小杉和男) (avex distribution)
- Cover Illustration: Tetsuya Nomura (Square Co., Ltd.)
- Assistant: Tomohiro Hasegawa, Mihoko Ishii (Square Co., Ltd.)
- Creative Coordination: Kanako Kotake (小竹加奈子) (avex trax)
- Art Direction and Design: Yumi Kohsaka (avex trax)
- Executive Supervisor: Katsuro Oshita (大下勝朗) (avex trax), Junichi Tsuchiya (土屋純一) (avex trax)
- General Producer: Shinji Hayashi (avex inc.)
- Executive Producer: Max Matsuura (avex inc.), Izumi Tsukushi (Square Co., Ltd.)
- Specially Coordinated by Tatsumi Yoda (avex group)
- Special Thanks: Symphonic Adventure, Sound Hunters Inc. & Sound Good, LLC