Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
When and how should this page be archived? Do we just cut & paste all the content (and then re-add the headers) when it gets to 64KB or whatever?
If it entirely up to me I would archive it yearly... or at regular intervals such as seasonally depending on how quickly this fills and our perception of full.
Nothing better than easily to navigate archives with sensible time-framed divisions. 18.104.22.168 23:20, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
So, once a year sets us at... 21 Jan, 2013. That sounds about right as we'll have ~60KB then, which is bearable for most computers AFAIK.
The Noticeboard is looking a bit full, so Jimcloud and I were wondering when's the best time to archive again? I know you want it yearly, but it's just a bit cluttered now and maybe hard to keep track of. Tia-Lewise 14:51, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- My OCD says wait a little longer since the first archive was ~50 KB, but it can be done whenever. C A T U S E 16:05, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- How big is the page now, since there was a big long list of something or other added in? It's really cluttered now. Also requesting a section for anon activity; I've reported a case of an anon repeatedly editing a user's subpage and there's no way to know if the anon is the user themselves, and nowhere to let anyone else know on here. Maybe a section to request Scathe use checkuser? Tia-Lewise 08:53, September 27, 2013 (UTC)