The Final Fantasy Wiki maintains a select number of users who have earned the trust needed to run the Wiki. These users, known as the "staff", are awarded with certain capabilities, which in turn give them more responsibility towards the administration and maintenance of the Wiki. Such positions are awarded to those who continually show that they are willing to create and write in-depth articles, cover a scope of a project, and/or revert vandalism.
Below is a list of staff based on responsibility and right, included with a trivial reason for their rights. Please note that the reason may not be their only sole contribution to the FFWiki. A Staff member will be indicated with a busy cactuar () on their userpage. Questions and requests to staff can be asked at the Staff Noticeboard. To nominate a user to the Staff, head to the Requests for Promotion page.
Administrators are Final Fantasy Wiki users who have sysop rights. While they do not own the Wiki and are equal to other users in terms of editorial responsibility, they are entrusted with several performance and security features to help ensure the smooth-running of the Wiki. Users may seek them out to perform maintenance to the FFWiki, and for advice and information. System Operator
These users are able to grant Bureaucrat, Sysop and Moderator rights to other users.
- TacticAngel: Final Fantasy XI specialist. Experienced veteran.
- Yuanchosaan: Awarded for consistent wiki-gnoming and attention and updating to policy.
- ScatheMote: Hard-working and active contributor.
- Crazyswordsman: Final Fantasy IV specialist, Final Fantasy VI specialist.
- Diablocon: Ivalice specialist. Maintenance and Policy.
- Shane613: Founder of the FFWiki.
These users are able to perform protection and deletion of pages and files, as well as blocking vandals' editing rights. They also have all abilities granted to Designers and Moderators.
- 8bit BlackMage: Diligent and neutral.
- BlueHighwind: Community Councillor and Fan Contributor, represents FFWiki at Fandom-sponsored events.
- Bluestarultor: Coding specialist and active user.
- Catuse167: Great wiki-gnoming and for keeping the wiki well maintained.
- Drake Clawfang: Consistent vandal fighting and page maintenance.
- Fëasindë: The Wiki's spoony bard (aka music edits)
- JBed: Hard-working user who writes code, discusses policy, and maintains and writes pages.
- Jimcloud: Final Fantasy XI specialist. Very engaged member of the wiki and IRC channel.
- Kaimi: Final Fantasy XIII and mobile game specialist.
- Some Color Mage: Veteran editor, page cleaner-upper.
- Technobliterator: Content creator/editor, technical/code writer.
- Xenomic: Page-writer who also maintains both content and files, often singlehandedly parsing through hundreds of unused images in a matter of days.
- Bluerfn: Responsible for policy and work across the board.
- Henryacores: Active for a long period of time with multiple categories of expertise.
- Mymindislost: Long deserving. Also an enemies specialist, such as Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy XII.
- Tia-Lewise: Mainspace and community maintenance, vandal fighter.
Moderators are users who have been granted additional rights by bureaucrats. While they are equal to other users in terms of editorial responsibility, they are especially trusted to keep articles safe from vandalism and bad-faith edits. In particular, users who show dedication to the wiki are usually made moderators, because their status gives them abilities that facilitate heavy-duty editing, but could be misused by newcomers. These abilities are Rollback, the ability to move any number of articles without being halted by spam restrictions, the ability to move files to new names, the ability to suppress redirects when moving a page, the ability to move over a redirect, the ability to delete and protect pages, and the ability to mark edits as patrolled.
Users who were marked as inactive (gray) during the most recent change to moderator rights (August 2017) have not had their rights changed; however, if they become active again they can request that their rights be changed by contacting ScatheMote.
- Fenrir9: Extensive work on lesser-covered Final Fantasies, dummied content, ability pages, glitches and general wiki-gnoming.
- Hexedmagica: Awarded for consistent vandal fighting and page maintenance.
- Keltainentoukokuu: Awarded for extensive wiki-gnoming, linking, maintenance on character articles.
- Kuja FFIX: Holds "Founder" status in the IRC channel; active in community discussion.
- Leon95: Maintenance editor who cleans up formatting, links, and categories.
- Lycentia: Awarded for categorizing an insane amount of images.
- Mecorx: Prolific Japanese translator who also greatly contributes to the wiki's images.
- Monterossa: Content writer for several areas such as Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy Type-0, and mass uploader of images.
- Miyuron: Consistent high quality work on mobile games and their translations, most notably Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
- MrAceAttorney: Consistent, constant, and long-term wiki-gnoming work, especially on enemy pages.
- AuronKaizer: Awarded for de-Wikification of many articles that had been dumped here.
- Azul81677: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy IV enemies.
- Deadlyslashsword: Awarded for being being a veteran long-standing member of the Wiki.
- Goldberry2000: Awarded for categorizing images and pages and fixing links.
- Jeppo: Awarded for great work on enemy pages and templates.
- Netherith: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy VIII and WikiDragoning.
- NeloAngelo: Awarded for re-categorizing a large sum of images and expanding a great number of articles.
- PanSola: Awarded for great work for the walkthroughs and other stuff.
- Renmiri: Awarded for the mass-uploading of XII images and for setting up the FF-Project forums.
- SmegHead: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 and for great vandal fighting.
- StijnX: Awarded for great vandal fighting and community activity.
Designers are users who have been given the rights to access the MediaWiki namespace, though no other sysop rights. While not necessarily a step in the 'progression', the Designer right is more a responsibility of the user, and trust to break and fix the fundamentals of the wiki (although it is also a convenience right).
- Catuse167: Specializes in Lua, but can provide emergency fixes anywhere.
- JBed: Long-standing user who serves as wiki technician, fluent in every language used.
- Technobliterator: Specialises in Navboxes and enemy Infoboxes, also has experience in Lua, metatemplates, CSS and Codenames.
The FFWiki makes all its edits through a few bot accounts operated by multiple users.
|Abuse filter||Intangir Bot||Welcome bot|
- Abuse filter - Automatically blocks vandals that trigger filters set by sysops.
- Intangir Bot - The FFWiki's official bot account, operated by any user with access.
- Wikia bot - Automatically welcomes and renames users.
All operators use the bot to perform tasks that are requested by users.
- Catuse167 - Pywikibot user, original bot operator and creator of Intangir Bot, takes any and all requests.
- DanC07 - Pywikibot user, updates templates.
- Drake Clawfang - AWB user, primarily fixes image categories and links, previously used DrakeyBot (now discontinued).
- Leon95 - AWB user, primarily fixes incorrect capitalisation and links.
- Technobliterator - Pywikibot user, primarily updates templates and template parameters when code changes.