Uwee hee hee hee! Welcome, editors, to the Dragon's Neck Colosseum! My name is Ultros the receptionist, and I'm taking bets as to who will win in a tussle between two characters from the Final Fantasy series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll, really. The Colosseum owner stuck me on this duty after Kefka was defeated, but I need the money! So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you can remain anonymous!
The DNC is run by committee. If you have any questions regarding DNC rules, please contact one of the following people: ScatheMote, Jimcloud, and Some Color Mage. TacticAngel will also help in areas of policy or if somehow all other members of the committee are unavailable. The committee members will take care of changing the fights, archiving older fights, and maintaining the nominations page. Please do not change the format of this page or change the fight without permission.
The Rules, Briefly
Functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or whom you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that week. Fights are changed weekly, and are supposed to be updated on Monday, but fate often conspires to make us update on Tuesday, so keep that in mind if you don't see a new fight yet. Failure to comply with the following rules will likely result in your vote being removed, and repeated or particularly obnoxious rule violations may result in a ban from participating in future fights.
- You may vote only once.
- You may only vote on the most recent fight. Fights from previous weeks that have not yet been archived are closed to voting, although you may still comment on them if you wish.
- If you are a user, please include your vote in the user section. If you are not logged in when you vote as a user, your vote will be removed.
- If you are not a user, please include your vote in the anonymous section. Anonymous votes are only worth half as much as a registered user's vote.
- To vote, type the following "#~~~~", afterward including any reasons for voting you may wish to include. You are required to leave this whether you are logged in or anonymous. If you do not sign and timestamp your vote, it will be removed.
- Add your votes to the bottom of the list. Please do not post anything obnoxious and/or extraordinarily lengthy or it will be removed. Lengthy votes will be moved to the peanut gallery, whereas obnoxious votes can be removed if two thirds of the panel agree upon it.
- If you wish to comment on the fight, please leave your remarks in the peanut gallery. You are expected to conduct yourself with courtesy. Comments must relate to the fight at hand.
- Any failure to adhere to these rules will result in your vote(s) being removed.
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing is a spinoff of the original Dragon's Neck Colosseum. It is a fight between the previous victor of Last Man Standing and victor of the previous DNC fight. It occurs every other week; in other terms, it happens when the normal DNC fights are not going on. It has the same rules as the normal fights, with a few exceptions:
- If the two opponents tie, the both characters will be retired, and two new fighters will appear.
- If a character wins 5 Last Man Standing fights in a row, he or she will be retired from LMS and two new battlers will vie for the coveted champion spot.
- Sometimes a previous Last Man Standing champion may be revived to fight against the current champion. This will happen if the previous DNC winner is incompatible with LMS (i.e. if the previous winner was a game mechanic, a summon, or an enemy) or for special celebrations.
FINAL FANTASY VII
A-B-C-D-E-F-G! Can you count to seven with me?
FINAL FANTASY VI
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5.5... shoot.
|This is what happens when you don't have a "no pets" rule in the colosseum.|
Votes for Red
Votes for Ultros
A vote for our lovely receptionist! Come on! Give this pet some money! 22.214.171.124 00:46, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
Straight Outta the Bible
|This week in the DNC (a week being a period of time ranging from 7-14 days), we will feast like kings on fish and octopus. Yummy! Fine voters, eat your fill, let your stomach distend and gorge yourself silly on seafood. It shall be a feast fit for octopus (and fish) royalty.
Also, the gods (meaning me) are displeased because I did not win two weeks ago. I shall bring swift vengeance upon thee. All those who voted against me shall suffer a most terrible curse: you shall never again find a matching pair of socks. Slowly but surely, your sock collection will always be odd numbered no matter how hard you try, and you will face the scorn and torment of your peers by means of your multicolored socks. It is a fitting punishment for those so foolish. The fight is still below and you may correct your mistake to free yourself from the curse.
Genuine Octopus Royalty
this guy won
Votes for fish
Votes for octopus
126.96.36.199 04:44, April 13, 2016 (UTC) Forget sushi! I want Seafood Soup! Don't mess with the octopus, you say? Well, too bad!
You can find older fights in the Archives for the Dragon's Neck Colosseum. All of these fights are closed, so don't bother voting. All new votes will be removed. Each archive contains 10 weeks of different fights.
|DRAGON'S NECK COLOSSEUM ARCHIVES|
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV - XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX - XXI - XXII - XXIII - XXIV - XXV - XXVI - XXVII - XXVIII - XXIX - XXX - XXXI - XXXII - XXXIII - XXXIV - XXXV - XXXVI - XXXVII - XXXVIII - XXXIX - XL
|April Fools - LMS Championship|